Product options and stock

drupopuppis

I am not sure this is achievable at all, anyway I will try to explain:

Let's say I have a bag in my inventory called "Wilma" and that comes in blue, green, red and black color. Each product has its unique product code as I need to keep stock levels. My question is as follow:

Is there a way to create A "wilma" product, assign a drop down option with 4 different colors and then, when a customer select the choice of color, the corresponding product code is also assigned to the system and, once this is purchased, the product is removed from the stock?

Ideally I would like to avoid populating the store with lots of similar products and make the customer experience easier to browse.

I have seen the Product options and I can see there is a way to create a group of colors but I miss the other part, how to link that color to a specific product.

Thanks in advance everyone

Now that you have created a variety of options for products (color, size, whatever), the next step is to assign any of those options to a product.

In Edit product, Options tab, begin selecting the colors this product comes in. Be sure to also mark those options that you want to be "micro-managed" (my term) by checking the Options Matrix checkbox. Click Save and Reload.

You are now presented with an Options Matrix table where every possible combination is listed. In this table you may set individual product codes and stock levels.

Currently, there is no means of showing stock levels for each unique combination of options.

However, in admin, Store Settings, Stock tab, there is a setting to "Show stock levels".

But, if a product is using the Options Matrix table, Cubecart will show, for example: Stock: 17-32. Meaning, of all the combinations, 17 is the lowest stock level for some as yet unknown combination of options and 32 is the highest stock level. If not using the table, that is, there are no options that would make a difference in stock levels: Stock: 43.

If you also disable "Allow out of stock purchases", only when a customer tries to add a product with a specific option combination that is out of stock, only then does Cubecart inform the customer of that.

However, there is this: http://www.cubecartforums.org/index.php?showtopic=19411

If all the above is set to show stock levels, yet stock levels are not being displayed, we need to discover why.

• 1 month later...