Upgrading from 3.0.21 to 6.0.10

avyona

I am working on moving my old cart to a new server and want to go ahead and upgrade it while im at it.  So far I have installed 3.0.21 manually from the cubecart website, set up a database, and I've just spent the last two days importing over essential tables : inventory, customer, orderinv, ordersum, cat, and downloads.  I've also uploaded all pics and downloadable files.  My domain name is changing, so I will have to go through and do a find and replace on the inventory table to change the file path to the new file path for all the downloads for each product.

Now my questions are:

1) Am I correct up to this point?

2) Do I need to upgrade to 4.0 then to 5.0 then to 6.0 or can I go straight to the 6.0.10?

Thanks!

Been a long process...we have over 500k orders, 80k customers, and 3 million download links lol....shew

1. You didn't mention a reason for importing over some specific tables. Perhaps an easier approach would be to backup the entire CC3 database and restore to the newer CC3 database.

2. CubeCart does the upgrade that way -- determines where you are, then incrementally does its thing through all versions of CC4, then all versions of CC5, then all versions of CC6.

I am actually creating a legacy store...to save all old order history so I didnt move EVERYTHING over...just whatever is essential allow customers to login using their password and download their purchases ;) So like I didnt move the documents etc. Customers wont be checking out on the site...they will be just using the new install for getting at those old orders that are WEIGHING down our server, database etc.

So If I use the upgrade guide on the knowledge base to go from 3.0 to 6.0 then it will take care of all the inbetweens?

do i navigate to www.mysite.com/upgrade  or do I need to manually install cubecart 6 and use the install or upgrade folder that way?

oh nevermind lol..i see i need to install it manually ;)

Also I had some serious timeout issues importing tables!! I had to use SQL queries to select sections of specific tables at a time and export "chunks" .  The tables ARE HUGE!! I have 7 sql files just for the order.inv table alone lol. I am hitting that 50mb imported uploaded file limit...so yeah im going craaaazy. Its more tedious but its coming along. This is why I did not just simply export the entire database and import.

I would complete one task first (move server probably) and then do the second (upgrade) and not try and do both at the same time - if something goes wrong it is more difficult to know where the problem lies.

The 50MB limit does apply if using phpMyAdmin to import although you can upload zipped sql files and so get MUCH bigger imports.  However, it would be much better and easier to do database imports like that from the command line rather than through phpMyAdmin - that can handle any size database and have imported extremely large databases this way 

Thanks Havenswift!  It makes sense :)  I got it all done finally this morning...but I will keep that in mind next time to save me some headache lol!  I'm trying to use site to site FXP to get all these files removed over!! Just about ready to upgrade the store in a few hours.

lol! Thanks Dirty.

So I started the upgrade and after a while I got an internal 500 error. I have no clue if the upgrade went all the way through,but  I deleted the setup folder to see if it would go away and it did.   Next issue I tried to login to admin and got a 404 error lol. So I read online that admin access is now admin.php for security reasons.  I typed that in and now my password wont work. So I went into the database and deleted the salt and manually reset the password and MD5'd it.  I was able to login but it was a blank screen. So I closed the window and tried again and now I get a 500 server error again!

Everything that is a link on the front end of the website returns a 404 error. I'm assuming I need to do something in the admin to correct that part but I cant login. 

Store url is:

www.legacyplanetapplique.com

Any insights? The plot thickens...

The 500 ISE is common when PHP has either run out of memory, or ran out of time. Cubecart sets these to rediculously high values when running an upgrade, but, of course, your hosting provider server admin may have other ideas.

Having quit somewhere in the middle is an unfortunate situation.

I have no idea if this would work, but try running setup again and see if it picks up where it last completed a successful step.

what do you recommend for php settings to get the install to go through smooth?  It looks to be stuck at 5.0.0b1.  I came back to my desk and the screen was blank...so I initiated the setup again from IE and it poped up but its still at 5.0.0b1 :(  I have the worst luck I swear!

So, 512 MiB isn't enough.

There must be something about managing a large amount of data. I wonder if it's when CubeCart is populating the Filemanager table with your images.

Well, in /setup/index.php, line 16, change the memory_limit setting to "1G". Let's hope your server can do that.

May as well also set the time limit to "900" (15 minutes).

i didnt upload any product pics...they wont be seen anywhoo so I thought id leave them out...should I add them to the images folder?  Is it causing an issue for them not to be there?

well I made the changes both the setup/index.php and also the WHM I changed the php settings in there to match those in the file...well I actually did 4000M for memory instead of 256M.  Now it just spins and spins...like its stuck :( /cry

it went a little further...now its on 5.2.14 or something and I have a new php error:

if (!preg_match('#^\w:\d+:\{(.+)\}$#su', $input)) {
            $input = stripslashes($input);

this is line 694 of the database.class.php

im up late...i refuse to sleep until I get this done...wheres my coffee lol

Why cant I just install a fresh 6.0.10 install and import my tables?  ALSO while im sitting here..I logged into a customer account on the front side to see download links. They all say "This download is no longer available." for every link.  If I do get this thing upgraded will this resolve or is there something else I need to do?  Thanks in advance...I'm still searching the forum for like problems.

What is the actual error? You mentioned the code, but what was PHP complaining about it?

Unfortunately, CC5/6 has differences in the schema of the database. There are columns in the CC3 table structure that no longer apply and other columns added to the tables that are populated by making some computations.

One such computation is correctly populating the Downloads table using data found elsewhere in the database. This is a step that happens somewhere near the CC520 or maybe CC603 version.

the latest error (I keep refreshing it each time the setup stops):

[03-Feb-2016 06:44:19 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Maximum execution time of 900 seconds exceeded in /home/legacyplanetappl/public_html/classes/cache/file.class.php on line 61

I'm assuming when its all done then those downloads will work ?  If not let me know now haha!  I will figure out something to do about that. I mess with databases all the time and do a LOT or bulk editing importing and exporting of sql files

im assuming the setup script...it does a little and then the poor thing gets tuckered out. I hit refresh and it does a little more and so on..eventually I think if I keep refreshing it will be upgraded to 6.0.10 hopefully before the sun rises :) its 2am here

thats  what i get for running on 3.0 for 10 years!  When its time to upgrade its not fun to put it sweetly

So, 900 seconds (15 minutes) is still not long enough.

You must have one hellava of a database.

As mentioned in a previous post, let's try upping the timeout to 1800 seconds (30 minutes).

About the download links: I would hope so. I wrote this to deal with it:
http://www.cubecartforums.org/index.php?showtopic=18357

It's been incorporated into the upgrade script.

cool i pushed that limiter up again hehe. Yes its one hellava database...several gigs.

I'm going to read that topic right now!

I read it. Ok that makes me feel better because I LOVE THE DOWNLOADS TAB in My Account :)  If for for reason it does not copy those values..i will run a sql command to copy one column to the other

bsmither, wouldnt this be easier for me to just install 6.0 right off the batt and then import my database and make the changes to the database if it needs it? I know you dont normally recommend this to folks because of mods and customizations...but im wondering in my case if it would be easier.  Last year you told me to load cc3, import my tables, then upgrade to 6.0.  And that works fine for most folks probably...but because my tables are so large...im wondering if i would get this done quicker if I do my changes directly to 6.0 databse

admin.php? gives this error in error log

[03-Feb-2016 08:16:41 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 78 bytes) in /home/legacyplanetappl/public_html/classes/db/mysqli.class.php on line 208

which is this in the php file:

$this->_result[] = array_map(array(&$this, 'strip_slashes'), $row);

ok so a summary:

1) I have admin.php 500 server errors and cannot login to admin (its  a white page and the errors are listed above)

2) I went into cubecart_downloads and set the order_inv_id to = the digital_id column so those match now per the instructions in the knowledge base

3) I login to a customer account on the website front end and navigate to Downloads

a- The Product Name and Product File name DONT match see the attached image

b- When I click on the button that says 'Download' -it tries to download a completely different file!

c- The Download results in a 403 error

d- The error log shows this is happening when a link is clicked:

[03-Feb-2016 08:52:52 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Undefined class constant 'FM_DL_ERROR_NORECORD' in /home/legacyplanetappl/public_html/classes/filemanager.class.php on line 405

Im bout to just buy tech support....can they fix this?

testdown.jpg

testdown1.jpg