Order Status changes automatically & Product Lines become empty/blank

kinderyum

Hi all,

Turning to the Cubecart Forums as my web developer and I are at a complete loss with this one... He can not replicate the problem so it's very hard for him to trouble shoot. 

I'm wondering if anyone else has come across this before... and really hoping to find a solution.

I have 3 Cubecart stores - 6, 5 and around 3 years old. Every now and then a glitch occurs in the oldest 2 stores. What happens is the Order status changes from 'Order processed and due to ship' to 'Order Complete and Dispatched' BY ITSELF! AND the product line becomes empty/blank. If there is more than one product (product row) only ONE product line appears (empty). It's a really bad problem to have because the payment is successful in Paypal, yet my shipper doesn't even see the order in his 'order processed and due to ship' list because the order status changed by itself. It's only when a customer emails me days, sometimes weeks, later saying 'where's my order???' that we even know the glitch has occurred! :/ Very embarrassing and reflects terribly on my business :( 

Praying someone has an answer to this!!

Here are the details of the 2 stores:

Store Overview:
CubeCart Version: Visit the CubeCart Downloads Server4.4.8
PHP Version: 5.2.17
MySQL Version: 5.5.42-37.1-log
Image upload folder size: 9.1 MB
Server Software: Apache
Client Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/48.0.2564.97 Safari/537.36
Store Overview:
PHP Version: 5.2.17
Image upload folder size: 10.1 MB
Client Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/48.0.2564.97 Safari/537.36

And the other store (which hasn't experienced this issue):

Store Overview:
PHP Version: 5.6.17
Image upload folder size: 7.5 MB

TIA!

Penny

The only remotely similar situation I have seen is when Order-A is being managed, somehow the commands are also affecting Order-B. I believe that was caused by cached SQL queries being used instead of fresh communications with the database. But the past few versions of CC6 dealt with this appropriately.

In admin, find the Order-B (the one that has been damaged) and view its History tab. Note the date/time it went to Complete. Next, in Staff Access Log, Admin Activity tab, find that date/time. (There is not that much recorded here, unfortunately.)

If indications don't pan out, we may have to get serious about finding how this is happening.

UGH! Just got another email from a customer....'just wondering where my order is at?'.... order value over $500! This is so frustrating! It may be my frustration building up but it seems to be happening more frequently. Screen capture below (customer details blurred for privacy). 

argh.JPG

I had a similar example where the customers cart would empty for no apparent reason, may or may not be related.

Turned out to be apostraphe's, so if a customer uses O'Brien, his cart would empty.

We also found that some products also had an a single speech mark, for instance  half inch - 1/2"