[Resolved] Dashboard Notes won't delete

Dirty Butter

I keep a copy of helpful Queries I've used from time to time in my Dashboard Notes. When I could not edit my notes last night I assumed I had some code saved there that was causing an issue. So I copied all my notes over to a text file and attempted to delete all notes - delete did not work. So I deleted them all from within cPanel. After clearing CC and browser cache, I was able to get a blank Dashboard Notes.

Then I added a test note, which saved properly. It allowed me to continue to add test notes. BUT it will not allow me to delete the notes and Save. No error messages show, debug shows nothing. The Save button seems to work, the page refreshes, but the test notes have not deleted. I did clear all caches.

It's been a very long time since I edited these Dashboard notes, so I have absolutely no idea when this error crept in or how to track it down.

Could someone please test their Dashboard Notes behavior in 6.0.10? Any suggestions?

Looking at CC608 (I see no changes to CC6010), the code will accept Notes if:
* The Notes is not empty
* The Notes will be sanitized (HTML tags stripped, etc.)

So, you can't actually empty the Notes. But try replacing it with just a period. Or maybe a space.