reduce clicks

keat

On the Mican skin, is there any way to have product options on the main catalogue page ?

If you look at the attached images, we can see that inside the product, are options to purchase different colours.

Where as on the main catalogue page, there are no options.

If a customer chooses to 'Add to Basket', at this stage, he's no way of knowing what colour he added to his basket.

It's probably made more difficult with the abscence of the 'More' button.

On our V3 site, we removed the 'Buy' button exactly for this reason, so this will be a big stumbling block on migration to V6

cart.jpg

product.jpg

We have just finished work on a "Category Product Options" plugin.  This plugin adds selectable product options (for those products having options) to the category listing page so the product can be added directly to the cart from that page without having to go to the product page itself.  You can see it working on our demo website - https://www.cubecart-demo.co.uk

Ian

I took a quick look (had to choose a different skin), and this appears to fit the bill.

Would this work with mutiple options, for instance this particular product comes in various colour, but we also offer a price break for mutiple rolls.

SemperFi did a mod for this as well. From what I saw, the code that populates the options on the product details page was copied over to the category listing page, Thus, there would be no difference in what options were shown. Maybe laid out differently to accommodate the skin layout, however.

18 hours ago, keat said:

Would this work with mutiple options, for instance this particular product comes in various colour, but we also offer a price break for mutiple rolls.

Yes, this works fine for multiple options on one product and in fact there is at least one product on our demo site that has this configuration.

15 hours ago, bsmither said:

SemperFi did a mod for this as well.

This is a mod that requires CubeCart core file changes (and so would be overwritten / need to be reapplied after each upgrade) whereas ours s a true plugin with no core file edits

Ian

I'm currently making changes to a development V6, with view to uploading the files and some database tables to the live site when i've customised it etc..

I don't envisage the upload to happen for a few months though. Is the plugin, site specific.

Ie, if i install it on my development site will it continue to work on the live site, bearing in mind that the live site and development site are on two different url's.

Failing that, I might have to wait until i do the full upgrade.

Hi

All our products and services are available from our order page : https://www.havenswift-hosting.co.uk/clients/cart.php

Our CubeCart plugins are available from : https://www.havenswift-hosting.co.uk/clients/cart.php?gid=19

This plugin can be added directly by clicking on https://www.havenswift-hosting.co.uk/clients/cart.php?a=add&pid=132

Once you have purchased it, please open a support ticket and let us know the domain and also sub-domain as we need to manually add both to the allowed domain list

Ian

Folks

I've spent a few days testing this mod (which was customised by Ian and his team to suit the Mican Skin), and I'm happy to report that my intitial testings have proven successful.

We have discussed a very minor tweak, and i'm confident that this will be in place shortly.