Email issues when set to send on Pending

mojee

it send a lot of email when order is pending. how to sort out it. before one customer told me he received 10 emails order received, now other customer telling 20 email in 24 hrs, order status is pending (because need more time to complete it ) 

first time I installed using Softaculous V 6.0.8 after I updated two times to til the latest version. I moved hosting one time. I don't know if it is effect. now I change order status as soon as possible from pending to complete. also I can't set status as processing.

Edited by mojee

CubeCart will automatically move an order to Complete if that order has only digital items in it.

There is a setting: admin, Store Settings, Features tab, "Don't check skipped order processing email" that if enabled, will allow an Administrator to move an order straight from Pending to Complete and not be concerned with what CubeCart would normally do at the Processing phase. If not enabled, and an Administrator moves an order to Complete, CubeCart will first send the order through Processing on it's way to Complete. At Processing, an email gets sent, as well as anything else a plugin will want to do to the order.

10 hours ago, mojee said:

I removed sender email. waiting next customer what he said.

That will stop all emails being sent from the store (as Brian pointed out) which cannot be a good solution - how can you possibly run an E-Commerce store and not send any emails at all to customers.  I think you need to investigate why your store is sending so many emails as that is not normal behaviour for CubeCart

Ian

you are right havenswift, but I don't want my customer get dozen email just Thank you for your payment!. my last two customers are angry just for repeating same email,  Thank you for your payment!  

I thought to reply manually as I don't have load of customer.

Rereading this thread, the first complaint said the customer received 20 emails in 24 hours saying the order is pending. A stock CubeCart does not do that. There is no email sent to the customer when an order goes to Pending. There is no "timer" that would have CubeCart spread out the automatic sending of any of the emails.

The post above says the customers complain about getting a "Payment Received" email many times. This is a result triggered by an action initiated by the payment gateway.

You also say the order cannot be set to Processing. CubeCart will automatically move an order to Complete if that order has only digital items in it. No matter how many times the administrator sets the digital-only order to Processing, CubeCart will follow through and move it to Complete -- and send out a fresh set of emails. But not Payment Received - only the gateway triggers that.

I have heard of an instance involving CubeCart and PayPal, where PayPal is trying to contact the CubeCart store with the IPN and is getting a non-response. CubeCart may actually be getting the IPN and acting on it, and sending a Processing email), but because PayPal is not receiving a 200 OK response from the web server hosting CubeCart, PayPal tries again a short time later. PayPal keeps attempting to get a 200 OK response from the web server doubling the time to wait till the next attempt after each failure.

The email you say is the email when the order goes to Pending may be getting sent by PayPal to the customer.

"How to stop it"

We need to investigate a few things. In admin, Request Log, see if there are any PayPal related log entries. Then, in admin, Error Log, System Error Log tab, determine if any entries are related to PayPal.

Then, in your PayPal Merchant Account control panel (at PayPal, not in CubeCart admin), see if PayPal recorded any abnormal communication with your store.

We still would like you to examine your logs at your PayPal Merchant control panel. We can see that CubeCart is receiving the IPN and acting on it, and so sending back at request for verification and getting a response from PayPal. But there is no logs in Cubecart that would verify PayPal got a 200 OK response from the web server handling your site.

In your hosting control panel (Cpanel?), you may be able to find WEB SERVER access and error logs. You may also find PHP's error log. In the Web Server access log, you may find a log entry from PayPal with the IPN. That log entry will state waht response was sent back: "200 OK" or "500 Error".

This is very likely the payment processor (I am guessing PayPal?) trying to get a 200 OK response from your store when the IPN is sent. Notice how each Processing entry is twice the number of minutes elapsed since the previous entry.

So, there is something about your store (or web server) that is not responding to the IPN with a 200 OK status.