Product Description Templaes

Jorge Herrera

Hi,

How can I save or create Product description Templates?

How can I have my own templates apear in the list when clicking the templates icon?

If I click the save icon on the description creating window the product "saves" and takes me to the product list. But it doesn't save the work really and doesn't open any window to select folder to save to or nothing. I must click the bottom Save or Save and reload to save the work but not as a template.

Untitled-1.jpg

Welcome to the forums, Jorge!

I use templates on both of our stores, but I don't use that save icon at all - don't know what it is supposed to do.

Sorry, I failed to say I save my templates and then CLONE to use the appropriate one.

On plush catalog I create the template and save it with an appropriate template name, such as template DOLL. That way I can pre-fill in the Google product category for each type stuffed animal or doll we sell. I disable the status, so nothing shows to the customer until I'm happy with it. I can preset the Category if that's appropriate, and also a section of the description that stays the same on all toys.

On the estates store I have a very complicated template that has a lot of formatting in the product description. Again I clone the template, naming it Template 1, Tempate 2, etc., but now I go to the Source Code of the description and fill in the template with the info for the new product.

This is saving me SO much time!

Edited by Dirty Butter
Explained cloning

The CKEditor is strictly a javascript construction in your browser. It can be configured to send and retrieve the contents outside the normal <form> submission, but currently there is no code in CubeCart that will be listening for this "contents save" and "contents load".

However, in /includes/ckeditor/plugins/templates/default.js, where default can be a different name for a different set of templates, there exists an array of templates that can be added onto, or a new array created. So, create the template somewhere/somehow, then open this file in a text editor and add to the array.

On the other hand, CubeCart allows for cloning products. Perhaps create a standard product, set it's status to disabled, and save. When needing to create a new product in this configuration, including its description, just clone it.