Help: Catalog export not exporting all items

Lamrith

New Cube cart user here.  I have had it loaded on the server a few days just tinkering around and learning how it works.  Started entering products yesterday, got a few entered and was able to do an export of all 7 of them, worked great.  Added a few more as well as background stuff like part numbers, weights, raw descriptions.  I then imported and had it do a full overwrite of products.  I then went into cubecart and formatted out the descriptions, added images, set categories. 

Now I am looking at doubling the inventory by adding a different weight of each product.  I tried to do a catalog export and it is only exporting 4-5 products and a few times has said there are no products to export?  I know I can do entry in cubecart, but doing base new items in a spreadsheet is so much easier since a bulk of the information is the same for every item.  Can anyone help?

Doubling the inventory by adding a different weight of each product sounds like the Option Matrix would work for you. Another possibility would be to clone each product, but you would have to be sure each different cloned product had different titles and descriptions and seo info - otherwise Google would see it as duplicate items.

Very true, using the option feature would be easy way and cleaner for customers.  Mfg has, unique part number for each weight, so how do I enter unique part number and inventory for the other weights?  I saw how to do pricing, but not the rest.

I also need to add half again more new products that will share some description info so I am hoping to edit in spreadsheet so easier to copy/paste description data across items.

Pyrohouse.net

Edited by Lamrith

I am going to look into using the options for dealing with weight options and pricing.

But does anyone have any ideas on why the export feature is only exporting the 6 items and not all 15?  I also have a number of completely new products to add but would like to copy/paste in a spreadsheet if possible as well s keeping a backup

The query has a condition where the product must be "enabled". So, make sure of that.

In the query, there is also a limit of "Per Page" and "page number". But Per Page is defaulting to 500. You should see this in the querystring to get the exported file.