Just Wondering

"better than the movies"

and a hell of a lot cheaper :)

the point about eye damage with incorrect word placement and incorrect spelling was very valid

but would that be discrimination ???

when my na,e is in the mix i find things differently

Even when nobody has mentioned your name?

I thought we made anagreement ice, you didn't discriminate against me i would return the favor, im not posting "I think all teenage fathers should be bannerd from cube cart forum for im proper care of thier children" --------Josh

lets be fair now

So far on this thread, you are the only person who has named anybody, and that was quite distasteful.

Hey kiddo not once did I mention any names. Again you do not know a damn thing about me or the life and live. Add to that i'm not some teenage kid like yourself.

I can continue but wont bother as common sense and the good advice that some seek to offer seem to elude you.

As you all know I struggle to find the time to browse the forums and just want it to be a friendly helpful place where everybody gets along. I know that the introduction of allowing people to promote and supply 3rd Party services has put a darker cloud over this place and it's sad really that this may be the case for some.

I just hope it doesn't reflect too badly on the core products it's self. If that is the case some serious reconsiderations may have to be made and changes of policy.

It would be good to have a "meeting" of some kind with some of the key players here to get my/your head(s) around this developing culture and where its members thinks it's all going.

Guest qdpie.com

I just hope it doesn't reflect too badly on the core products it's self. If that is the case some serious reconsiderations may have to be made and changes of policy

This is why I went on my last rant about people talking trash about others, whether it be in the forums or on a web site that sells cube cart type products. If you promote your site here and bash anyone or put down someone else's work on your site, you may as well be doing it here.

I remember a time when there were only a few people doing work to sell for cube cart. It was a friendlier time. People would refer someone to a mod that was already created or offer to alter it if the mod owner was unwilling. Now it has become a competitive feeding ground. I use to enjoy coming to the forums and try to help people. Now when I do and I check what others are doing, I end up seeing my name being trashed. Whether you name me or not, if you compare a mod that isn't made by anyone else but me, you are naming me. Same goes for others. That is why I said that kind of marketing strategy should be unacceptable. If you want this to become a nasty, competitive environment, then by all means allow that type of behavior.

I firmly agree that competition makes things get better, but nasty competition sucks ass! If you are here to help cube cart and it's users, you shouldn't do or say things to make others look bad, leave that to the consumer. If I have started posts here directed at anyone else, I did it because I felt like I was being attacked, and I wanted everyone to see that this is a problem, and something needs to be done.

My opinion. If you want to make yourself better and get more sales by making others look bad, you should be banned from this project. Of course there is nothing that can keep you from continuing your work, but something should be done to keep you from promoting your work here. I feel any site that sells cube cart mods is a direct associate to cube cart and should conform to the forum standards and rules. As a few others, I too am doing my mods and support as a full time job. But my main objective is helping people get the best cart that they can, even if it means giving someone else credit or work. I prefer referring people to a mod that has already been done to doing it myself. That is what I used to like about this forum and cube cart. There used to be a sort of comradery, now it's becoming cut throat.

I feel any site that sells cube cart mods is a direct associate to cube cart and should conform to the forum standards and rules...

...my main objective is helping people get the best cart that they can, even if it means giving someone else credit or work.

definately especially when some people who buy mods and designs never actually buy a license - it is only fair that "associates" should adhere very strictly to the forum rules!!

well said...

Hi qdpie,

I agree. The key here is what to do about this as the philosophy behind CubeCart?A product everybody can benefit from? That seems like a pretty unselfish viral business model if you ask me.

Maybe CubeCart should become 100% open source like GNU or GPL... but you, like I survive from it hence the current system *works*?

I'm open to suggestions and proposals even.

i think that if someone purchases a mod a percentage should be donated to the cube cart project (aka: brooky) as how many people have modded there stores out for $100's and designs for similar amounts yet have never purchased a license

who is winning then?????

mines still in testing locally - i will get a license soon i promise ;):D

ALSO brooky I like the current system - it is great

if only television was the same (voluntary license fee) - i think sky should pay that for me if i subscribe

Guest jbdancer

i think that if someone purchases a mod a percentage should be donated to the cube cart project

Don't kill me but i think this would be nice if everyone does it

Guest qdpie.com

i think that if someone purchases a mod a percentage should be donated to the cube cart project

This is something that is totally up to Brooky and really has nothing to do with the current problem. The problem is about respecting others. If you can't play nice, then you shouldn't be allowed to play.