How to solve this error

russell.huffer

Hi,

I can add and edit most products but if I put a lot of options ie colour choice has 37 colours available I can create the product but if I try to change anything at all I get the following

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /admin.php on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

please could you explain what is wrong and how to fix, is version 5.16 I believe.

Kind regards

Russell.  

I would say the problem is not related to admin.php, but perhaps the number of form elements (all those colors) being sent to the web server. Typically, when the browser POSTs the form, the total byte-count sent to the web server is well within the limits set by the web server. It is not impossible to suspect the server admin has reduced this number.

There is also a possibility that something in the product's description is triggering a security feature the server admin has installed.

In your hosting account's control panel (Cpanel?), you may be able to find a web server error log. However, if it is a security issue, you might not have access to that log.

Please submit a support ticket with your hosting provider to have them look at their security logs to determine if your site is triggering something that causes what you are experiencing.