[Resolved] (re)Build Sitemap Fails

ChrisColeman

Hi,

have upgraded one and installed 1 new Cubecart in the last month both are 6.0.10. One based on foundation skin and another on an old v4 skin. On both of these I cannot successfully build a site map. I receive a message saying 'Failed to rebuild sitemap', I have seen this mentioned several times in other forums but no definative answer ?

Any suggestions.

Chris Coleman.

There are only two reasons why CubeCart notifies the admin of a failure to build a sitemap: the store is offline, or the PHP function file_put_contents() fails.

The PHP function file_put_contents() will fail if the directory that the file is wanting to be written into does not exist (but of course that directory does exist).

A search on the Internet shows that a server admin can lock out this function for security reasons. If this is the case, CubeCart will have other problems.

A file system can also have "owners" of a directory structure, and a 'permission denied' will exist if the server admin restricts access to a folder(s) if the thing accessing that folder is not the correct owner. If you are savvy about filesystem permissions and can discern the complete permissions for the home folder of your CubeCart installation, you would then have good info on what needs to be changed regarding those permissions.

For a security lockout or permission issues, there should be an indication in CubeCart's admin, System Log, System Error Log tab. If not there, then certainly PHP's error log (not the same as the web server error log).

You may need to get your hosting provider involved.

Actually not quite true - I created my site map but it has references to my test server instead of my production one ?

eg.

<url>

<loc>http://www.herefordcomputers.com/jandaTestSite/diy.html</loc>

<lastmod>2016-02-29T12:38:03+00:00</lastmod>

</url>

<url>

<loc>http://www.herefordcomputers.com/jandaTestSite/diy-/wood-panelling.html</loc>

<lastmod>2016-02-29T12:38:03+00:00</lastmod>

</url>

I have tried deleting cache but still the same ..

Chris ?

Please check in CubeCart's admin, Store Settings, SSL tab, the value for the "Store URL" setting. This is Cubecart's "standard_url". Verify if this is correct.

If so, then please examine the contents of the file /includes/global.inc.php for a statement that specifically states the 'storeURL', 'standard_url', or 'ssl_url'. Verify that there are none of these statements in this file.

yes - Actually I did not need to change includes file - Just changed the SSL setting as mentioned above by bsmither, the incorrect setting were migrated with my development system which used a different domain name.

Of course if you did have those fields in your includes file you should remove them for latest version of CubeCart.

Chris.