Authorize.net Extension

JadedCore

Just an FYI, Authorize.net is updating some of their requirements for PCI compliance including the use of Akamai SureRoute.  There are three new URLs that they would like people to use to interact with Authorize.net.  I looked at the extension for v5 and v6 and noticed they are both pointing to secure.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll.  While this URL will remain valid, at least for a while, it is recommended to update this URL to secure2.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll.  I am going to create a GitHub issue for v5, but I noticed that the extensions were removed from the source code in v6. 

Additional Details can be found here: http://www.authorize.net/support/akamaifaqs/?utm_campaign=February%202016%20Technical%20Updates%20for%20Merchants.html&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Eloqua#newurls

Hope you find this useful. :D

Edited by JadedCore
grammar

• 3 months later...

Using a programmer's text editor, find and open the file:

/modules/gateway/Authorize/gateway.class.php

Near line 26, find:

$this->_url = $this->_module['testMode'] ? 'test.authorize.net' : 'secure.authorize.net';

Change to:

$this->_url = $this->_module['testMode'] ? 'test.authorize.net' : 'secure2.authorize.net';

• 1 month later...

we use Authorize.net. Not sure we need to change anything unless some hardcoding of ip address on routers are involved. If using secure.authorize.net is used, it will continue to function when they point their dns to akamai in the future.