Paypal problems after upgrade "Error: You are not signed up to accept payment for digitally delivered goods.."

I upgraded from V4 to V6 yesterday. I downloaded PayPal and PayPal Express from the marketplace and installed them. The standard Paypal plugin doesn't even let me edit, it just shows a blank page. PayPal express is ok - i entered my API credentials, and 'Test Endpoint' shows success. HOWEVER, on making a test purchase from my store, the following error code appears:

"The following errors were detected:Error: You are not signed up to accept payment for digitally delivered goods. Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details."

Help please? This so frustrating - seven years ive been running my store with happy customers. Now a barrage of cross emails from people who can't checkout.

The other issue i am having is - the store skin keeps reverting back to Foundation even though I set it to Minimaliser. Also annoying! Here's my store http://www.melsbrushes.co.uk/shop

I think it should be £25 inc VAT for a months support no contract. Option 1 middle column. Also as you have just upgraded you may come accross other issues in the next four weeks so you will be covered. Will be £25 well spent. Technical Support is online maybe have a chat with them.

Ah yes, I was looking at the second Technical Support and Management option which is more pricey. But I guess I count as a relatively experienced 'webmaster' so it would be worth going for the first one! I think it's the only way. I'm googling and going back and forth between paypal and the backend of my store and not getting anywhere. You're right about other issues too - it will be worth it i'm sure.

Thanks ayz1 :)

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I have just turned on Paypal express today and have the same issue. 

Mememel, did you find an answer to this issue??

Bsmither : There are no errors in the  CubeCart's admin, Error Log, System Error log tab.

I looked   PHP's error_log and found,

[07-May-2016 15:24:58 Australia/Perth] PHP Warning: unlink(/home1/maketext/public_html/harrisorganicwine/shop/includes/extra/PayPal_acceptance.js) [<a href='http://docs.php.net/manual/en/function.unlink.php'>function.unlink.php</a>]: No such file or directory in /home1/maketext/public_html/harrisorganicwine/shop/modules/plugins/PayPal_Pro/admin/index.inc.php on line 56

This may be the answer:

Digital Goods

To accept payments for Digital Goods transactions, you must have Digital Goods enabled on your account. If you do not have Digital Goods enabled, you will receive a 10004 error (Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details. You are not signed up to accept payment for digitally delivered goods.).

This particular 10004 error occurs only when the account submitting a Digital Goods API call does not have the services enabled on it properly. To resolve this problem, enable Digital Goods on your account using the following steps:

1. Click here to go to PayPal's Digital Goods website.
  2. Click Digital Goods – Express Checkout Getting Started.
  3. Create a PayPal account or log in to the existing account that you want to enable Digital Goods.
  4. You will be taken to your Business Setup page, where PayPal Digital Goods Express Checkout should now be listed as your payment solution

Will let you know what happens.

I could not set up the above, and later found :

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/express-checkout/digital-goods/IntroducingExpressCheckoutDG/

Will call paypal tomorrow re this.

Edited by harrisorganic
more info

OK, here it is.

Then choose business setup.

In Set up my payment solution at the top of the page. 

Select View all products and then choose Paypal for Digital Goods.

pp-setup.PNG

PP-digital.PNG