Images Not Uploading

ItsME

All of sudden, images are not uploading whether I try using the Images tab for individual products or the Image Filemanager.  Upon clicking the Save button, I receive the message stating the "Product has been updated" or "File uploaded successfully" messages, but when I look for the image, it is not listed.  I verified that I am able to upload and select an image using FTP.

I'm running CubeCart 6.0.9 and no changes have been made recently.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Next, please use an external utility to access the database directly. Your hosting account control panel (Cpanel?) may have phpMyAdmin to do this.

Look at the CubeCart_filemanager table and find the latest records. If the image(s) you most recently uploaded are not recorded in this table, then somewhere the image upload was obstructed.

If obstructed, then maybe the web server or PHP (including suPHP Hardening System) determined the upload payload was too large.

(FTP, of course, would not have a filesize restriction.)

CubeCart also has a filesize restriction, but this is after the web server and PHP have accepted the file. Cubecart will issue a warning that an image is too large, but it's only because it is too large to work with (render smaller sized variants).

5 minutes ago, bsmither said:

Next, please use an external utility to access the database directly. Your hosting account control panel (Cpanel?) may have phpMyAdmin to do this.

Look at the CubeCart_filemanager table and find the latest records. If the image(s) you most recently uploaded are not recorded in this table, then somewhere the image upload was obstructed.

If obstructed, then maybe the web server or PHP (including suPHP Hardening System) determined the upload payload was too large.

(FTP, of course, would not have a filesize restriction.)

CubeCart also has a filesize restriction, but this is after the web server and PHP have accepted the file. Cubecart will issue a warning that an image is too large, but it's only because it is too large to work with (render smaller sized variants).

The files uploaded via filemanager are not in the db, but the one that was uploaded via ftp is listed.  The files I am trying to upload via filemanager are 17kb.  Just out of curiosity, I created a subfolder using the filemanager.  I can see the subfolder.  I tried to upload a file to it, received the "file uploaded successfully" message, but when I click the subfolder, it is empty.  This is very strange.

Next, using the hosting account control panel, use the File Explorer to learn what the complete set of permissions are for the /images/ folder and files in that folder.

If PHP can create a directory, then PHP should also be able to store the uploaded images.

However, PHP will want to temporarily store uploaded images in a PHP temporary_upload_folder before moving them out to their final target folder with the filename associated with that FILE upload. Maybe the temp folder has bad permissions.

This is just a guess because when things happen "all of a suddden", I find it is rarely, if ever, CubeCart's fault.

Please submit a support ticket to your hosting provider and ask if they can determine if FILE uploads are being interfered with.

1 hour ago, bsmither said:

Next, using the hosting account control panel, use the File Explorer to learn what the complete set of permissions are for the /images/ folder and files in that folder.

If PHP can create a directory, then PHP should also be able to store the uploaded images.

However, PHP will want to temporarily store uploaded images in a PHP temporary_upload_folder before moving them out to their final target folder with the filename associated with that FILE upload. Maybe the temp folder has bad permissions.

This is just a guess because when things happen "all of a suddden", I find it is rarely, if ever, CubeCart's fault.

Please submit a support ticket to your hosting provider and ask if they can determine if FILE uploads are being interfered with.

Thank you.  I will contact the ISP.