[Resolved] Free shipping offered to Canada

Taodi

The shopping cart consistently offers free shipping to Canada customers, which is NOT what I'm intending. In Admin/Manage Plugins, I've got Free shipping selected, with a maximum weight of 0.3 lb. No allowed or disallowed zones are specified in the Free shipping module. But I've had several different products, all with weights well above 0.3 lb, that have been offered to Canada customers (no other country) with free shipping. Meanwhile, I'm using Paypal as my only payment gateway (no allowed or disallowed zones specified) and USPS as the sole shipping method. Nothing else in Available Plugins is checked except Cubecart Security Suite. Can't seem to find where I'm off in the settings. 

Do you have the CubeCart Store Setting, Features tab, "Disable Shipping Groups" enabled, then you might not be sure the zero-cost shipping choice is coming from any particular shipping module.

If "Disable Shipping Groups" is not enabled (this setting hides or shows the name of the shipping module being a 'group header' for the shipping methods the module provides), then you should be shown which module is offering the zero-cost shipping rate.

This is the result of an experiment I just made:

-- Please Select --
Free Shipping
  $0.00 (Free to 8oz)
USPS
  $0.00
  $40.95 (Priority Mail Express International™)
Per Category
  $0.00 (By Category)
Flat Rate
  $7.50

Obviously, I will have to figure out where the two other zero-cost shipping choices are coming from.

USPS says:

The Origin ZIP Code and the Destination Postal Code
            is required for Priority Mail International when
            mailing to Canada.

It seems we were expecting this. https://github.com/cubecart/v6/issues/617

So, first, download a token and update to the latest version of the module, if you haven't already:

https://www.cubecart.com/extensions/shipping-methods/united-states-postal-service-usps

Then we need to make sure the module's code has the Destination Postal Code added to the info sent to the USPS Rate Request.

Missing this info, the USPS Response includes a ServiceID with a Postage of 0.00. NOT GOOD!

Using a programmer's text editor, open the file /modules/shipping/USPS/shipping.class.php for editing and find near line 148:
$xml->writeElement('OriginZip',$this->_settings['ziporigin']);

On a new line after that, add:
$xml->writeElement('DestinationPostalCode',trim($delivery['postcode']));