Print Order form - Force Processing

keat

I thought i'd be clever and edit POF so that it flagged the order with status 2 (Processing).

I was hoping that it would be a simple matter of changing gateway.class.php:

$transData['status']        = 'Pending';

to

$transData['status']        = 'Processing';

But I guess it's more complicated than this ??

First, please realize administratively moving an order to Processing (or having something else move the order to Processing) is the same as declaring this order as having been successfully paid for. All your sales reports will reflect that.

Plus, CubeCart will send the customer their Order Confirmation email and the Digital Product download link (but the link will not work).

The $transData array contents is destined to be logged in CubeCart's Transaction Logs. It is not used for any other purpose.

I am still looking for the best way to have the customer's choice of payment gateway be available to the Admin's Order Notification email - currently sent before the choice is made.

To be fair, we don't use the cart sales reports features, this would be done 'In House'

We use 'POF' for trusted customers who have credit accounts, or those who choose to collect locally, so even though they haven't physically paid, we trust they will..

If an unknown customer used this method, we would be aware, and call them for payment.

The only digital download we have is a catalogue, which we would gladly send a hard copy in the post for free anyway.

I was considering modifying POF to mark the cart as stage 2, then reconfigure the cart to notify via email at stage 2.

However, I've just run a query on the database >> find orders where stage=1 and gateway doesn't=POF, and found 3 orders from this week.

These can only be orders where the customer chose a payment method and then didn't pay

The sales staff will undoubtedly know about these, and without doubt will know the answers when I ask tomorrow, but it has proven that we can't rely on 'notify at stage 2'

Interesting that I had a conversation with one of the staff this morning about the emailing stage, it went in one ear, and straight out of the other... never touched the sides. :death: