Order confirmation email

ayz1

Since upgrading to V6.0.10 from V3 our order email confirmations have blank lines in them. Customers are wondering what is going on. The missing products appear to occur when the product has gone out of stock with that order. Any that remain in stock show on the email. Driving me mad! Has anyone else encountered this or know of a fix?

order.jpg

It wouldn't be skin (that is, Foundation) related because emails use separate content and skeletons. These content and skeleton templates are databased.

The templates do pass through the Smarty template rendering engine, so there may be some issue with the email content templates Admin: Order Received and Cart: Order Confirmed.

If the issue is with the email content templates, there are two parts to each template. The odds of having the same something messed up on all four is low. So, verify that:
* Compare each actual email (admin's and customer's) and what it shows (your first post suggests the problem is with the customer's email, with no mention made if the admin's email is similar)
* If at all possible, look at the plain text component of each email*.

If the content is the same in all four views, that is, the same line items have no data and are zero cost in both emails and in both components, then there is an issue with how CubeCart is gathering the data and/or populating the templates.

* It will be extremely difficult to get Outlook to show the plain text component of an email. Viewing the actual plain text component is not the same as having the rich text (HTML) component viewed as plain text. If getting to view the actual plain text component is impossible, you may be able to get your email program to show you the complete, raw email, including the headers.

I did assist a CubeCart user with a similar problem back in CC5.1 days.

Any shop that routinely sells one-of-a-kind items should also be exhibiting this problem -- assuming certain settings are in common.

What is your setting for Store Settings, Stock tab, "Reduce stock levels": Pending|Processing|Complete?

What is your setting for Store Settings, Stock tab, "Reduce stock levels": Pending|Processing|Complete?

I, too, just had this happen to a store that is running CC5213. Somehow, a customer was able to place into their shopping basket (actually, I have yet to confirm this by l;ooking at the web access logs and database query logs) an item that was disabled, had its stock level set to zero, "Use Stock Level" to enabled, and "Allow out of stock" to disabled. It will interesting to see what my logs have to say.

@fabriceunko, whose email is this? Admin? Customer? Both? Is it the same for the Plain Text component?

And does the same missing line item show on the admin, Orders, Order Summary screen for this order?

1 hour ago, bsmither said:

IWhat is your setting for Store Settings, Stock tab, "Reduce stock levels": Pending|Processing|Complete?

I have this set to Pending because we have some customers who pay by bank transfer so need to reduce stock levels at this stage. The admin emails have the misisng lines also.

I have just place two orders. One where the stock level was 1 and one where the stock level was 0 and I restocked to 1 before I made the order. Both were perfect no missing lines so I am even more confused now.

settings.jpg

My working theory is that Customer-A places the item in their shopping basket but does not start to checkout. CubeCart saves the item in the session (or customer) "saved_cart".

Then, Customer-B buys it and stock goes to zero.

Then, Customer-A comes back and CubeCart does not completely remove it from the "saved_cart". The product_id is still referenced, but with no name, no quantity, and no price.

• 2 weeks later...