Restrict site access until registration approved

jmetze

Is there a way to hold a customer registration until someone reviews?  

I have a need to get some additional information from a new customer prior to the customer being able to view the pricing on the site.  I know I can limit the ability to see pricing until someone registers, but I don't want them to just select the register link and then immediately be able to login and see pricing.  I want to review the registration and collect additional information before that happens.

Thanks.

There are edits that can be made to automatically assign all new registrants to a status of disabled.. The customer registers, is automatically disabled, and then the "authenticate" function fails because this email address is in the database, but disabled. A disabled customer cannot log in.

The admin can then later enable the customer.

Would this be satisfactory?

Thanks @bsmither.  I think this would work for starters.  Would there be a way to let them know that their registration is under review so they didn't try to keep registering or know why they couldn't log in?  Also, do you know of a good mod for adding additional fields to the registration?  I have a need to get a tax ID from them prior to registering them.

This reply you provided seems to have what I need for restricting the registrations, is there a way to pick up this mod for V6?

This seems to cover what I need:

- Limit registration until I receive all the details required for a wholesale customer

- email new customer or post an error message letting them know that their registration is under review

- Add new fields to registration page to collect the required information.

• 1 year later...

Newbie here... is there any head-way on this?  I looked deeper into this and the links contained in "Disable automatic registeration" seem to be broken.

Thanks in advance.  We are using cubecart for a captive audience (customers).  It is not open to the world, so to speak.

RLN

Welcome rnewcomer! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

That forum went offline a few weeks ago. (It was in the Free Mods section.)

I'll be happy to work with you to get this working for your store.

Please send me a PM with your email address.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a groups setup but they can register and there's nothing to stop them then logging in straight away. I need to be able to turn off their immediate access so I can add them into the correct group before they're allowed to log in

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

@bsmither Hi Brian! You provided me with your extension/plugin 'Register Customer as Disabled' some time ago.

However I am not sure if I have set it up properly as when a new customer registers they are still able to purchase items without being approved first.

Is there something I need to do to ensure that they are disable upon registration?

Thanks in advance!

Ross

Screenshot_20200130_140457_com.android.chrome~2.jpg

Screenshot_20200130_140515_com.android.chrome~2.jpg

19 hours ago, bsmither said:

In admin, Customer List, do newly registered customers show Status as unchecked? What about their Type?

Apologies... My Wife had relayed the issue incorrectly. The issue goes back to Guests being able to place orders without registering. 

There seems to be no way to disable this. Although you did advise this previously:

In /classes/gui.class.php, near line 249, find:

$GLOBALS['smarty']->assign('CATALOGUE_MODE', $GLOBALS['config']->get('config', 'catalogue_mode'));

Change to:

$GLOBALS['smarty']->assign('CATALOGUE_MODE', $GLOBALS['config']->get('config', 'catalogue_mode') || !User::getInstance()->is());

Would this still show prices to the visitor? 

Archived