[Resolved] Order History not showing tracking correctly

Claudia M

Hi,

I just updated to 6.0.11 and I am having this issue:

1. I place a test order using print order form as payment method

2.  I go into admin and add a tracking number - full URL - in the delivery section of the order

3.  As customer I look at  my order history.  This is what I find

Delivery

Shipment Tracking Number:  All_In_One_Shipping (USPS: First Class)  

(USPS: First Class)   is my Method Name/Description in the All in One Shipping Module

No tracking number. Click on All_In_One_Shipping (USPS: First Class) and it does takes you to the USPS tracking site.

I must mention, I hate, hate, hate, the wording All_In_One_Shipping showing up anywhere.  To me it seems very unprofessional.  To that end I have removed {shipping_method} (or wording to that effect) in admin, emails, anywhere I find it.  I'm just having trouble with this portion on the content.receipt.php skin file.  I did change it in the order summary section.  How do I get the tracking number to show instead of the All_In_One_Shipping (USPS: First Class)?

Here's my code:

{if $DELIVERY}

<hr>

<h4 class="page-section-title">{$LANG.common.delivery}</h4>

{if !empty($DELIVERY.date) && $DELIVERY.date!=='0000-00-00'}

<div class="row">

<div class="small-6 medium-3 columns receipt">{$LANG.orders.shipping_date}:</div>

<div class="small-6 medium-9 columns receipt">{$DELIVERY.date}</div>

</div>

{/if}

{if !empty($DELIVERY.url)}

<div class="row">

<div class="small-6 medium-3 columns receipt">{$LANG.orders.shipping_tracking}:</div>

<div class="small-6 medium-9 columns receipt"><a href="{$DELIVERY.url}" target="_blank">{$DELIVERY.method}{if !empty($DELIVERY.product)} ({$DELIVERY.product}){/if}</a></div>

</div>

{elseif !empty($DELIVERY.tracking)}

<div class="row">

<div class="small-6 medium-3 columns">{$LANG.catalogue.delivery_method}:</div>

<div class="small-6 medium-9 columns">{$DELIVERY.method}{if !empty($DELIVERY.product)} ({$DELIVERY.product}){/if}</div>

</div>

<div class="row">

<div class="small-6 medium-3 columns receipt">{$LANG.orders.shipping_tracking}:</div>

<div class="small-6 medium-9 columns receipttrack">{$DELIVERY.tracking}</div>

Thanks in advance for any and all help,

Claudia

Using {$DELIVERY.method} will always get you the "All_In_One_Shipping" phrase. So, we can step away from using that.

Because you are getting a link, I assume that the section of code {if !empty($DELIVERY.url)} evaluates to true. The URL will either be what the shipping class develops (USPS, UPS) or the value false, which is what AIOS gives.

Thus, the URL ends up being the exact contents of the tracking field that the admin entered in the Order Summary, Destination tab.

We can try this:

<div class="small-6 medium-9 columns receipt"><a href="{$DELIVERY.url}" target="_blank">{$DELIVERY.method}{if !empty($DELIVERY.product)} ({$DELIVERY.product}){/if}</a></div>

To:
<div class="small-6 medium-9 columns receipt"><a href="{$DELIVERY.url}" target="_blank">{$DELIVERY.product}</a></div>

I see that you wrote:

"I go into admin and add a tracking number - full URL - in the delivery section of the order."

That exact content can be displayed. The reason that data wasn't included in the edit above is because you wanted the tracking number to show, which I took to mean just the tracking number.

Try this edit:

<div class="small-6 medium-9 columns receipt"><a href="{$DELIVERY.url}" target="_blank">{$DELIVERY.product}: {$DELIVERY.url}</a></div>

Thanks so much!

I changed the code a little so the URL would be on its own line.  Do you think this is okay and won't cause any problems?

<div class="row">
  <div class="small-6 medium-3 columns receipt">Shipping Method:</div>
  <div class="small-6 medium-9 columns receipt"><a href="{$DELIVERY.url}" target="_blank">{$DELIVERY.product}</a></div>
  </div>
  <div class="row">
  <div class="small-6 medium-3 columns receipt">Tracking Information:</div>
  <div class="small-6 medium-9 columns receipttrack"><a href="{$DELIVERY.url}" target="_blank">{$DELIVERY.url}</a></div>
</div>

Thanks Brian,

Claudia