Check out registration page edit

Tariq2009

23 hours ago, Dirty Butter said:

See if content.checkout.confirm in the Foundation templates folder has what you need.

PS Please add your setup info to your signature in your Account Settings.

hi the field i like to change into not required are below in image with arrows pointing at them what code i need to remove to disable required fields option thanks 

required.jpg

33 minutes ago, Dirty Butter said:

Are you selling tangible items or digital?

i am selling items but i need to disable some required fields option as the country that i am targeting to sell when they signup or try to order they get confused with postcode and some other fields so if i disable some required fields will make it easy and simple to register for customers thanks 

You can change the words, so it says something other than Post Code, if that country has other wording, like Zip Code in the US. That is done in Languages. I'm hesitant to suggest what actual code changes are needed, as done wrong it would create a situation where the customer did not see the field you took out, but they would still get an error message that the information must be provided.

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will step in and help you at this point.

On 3/21/2016 at 6:10 PM, Tariq2009 said:

hi the field i like to change into not required are below in image with arrows pointing at them what code i need to remove to disable required fields option thanks 

required.jpg

I found to remove the required of these fields I edited the .../skins/foundation/js/cubecart.validate.js file.  This is a javascript file and it has flags for required validation.  In this file, at about line 163, you will see  something like this:

'billing[line1]': {
                required: true
            },

change required: true to required:  false.   That should remove the validation for required.

• 1 year later...

Hi there,

So I am actually having the opposite problem of what is being described above. I would like a user's delivery address to be required upon registration (it currently is not).

I am using the e-shift skin, but I seem to be facing the same issue with the foundation skin as well. I have tried going into the cubecart.validate.js file to see if these fields are listed as 'not being required' for whatever reason, but this is not the case. 

Also of potential interest, this 'cubecart.validate.js' file (nor any discernible equivalent js file) is not present in the skins/e-shift/js folder. 

Any help here is appreciated. 

Thanks,

CubeCart's skins are wholly self-contained. That is, whatever javascript, CSS, and imagery that may be used to provide features and style for any given skin will not crossover to any other skin. So, a javascript-enforced required field when filling in the form at the browser is a feature of the skin.

That being said, CubeCart Ltd's skins designed for CC5 do use some javascript made available to any and all in the /js/ folder that want to use it.

We will need to have new code in CubeCart to examine the form posting to make sure that delivery address fields have been entered.

Send me a PM with your email address and we can work on a solution.

Edited by bsmither