PHP Warning: No callback method defined

ericski

I am getting the below in my error logs, it happens multiple times a day and I cannot figure out. Should I be concerned? Easy or hard fix?

PHP Warning:  No callback method defined. in /home/435345435/public_html/skistore/classes/cubecart.class.php on line 290

The lines in my raw access log that correlates to the above errors are entries such as:

GET /skistore/index.php?_g=cs&_p=images%2Frandom%2FverifyGD.inc.php&esc=4c7ecd3bc5a789463d7c9faed98a5d93

and

GET /skistore/index.php?_g=sw&r=%2Fskistore%2Findex.php%3F_a%3DviewProd%26amp%3BproductId%3D3123&currency=JPY

it seems to be ONLY bots such as bingbot, googlebot etc that are causing these warnings

Line 290 in cubecart.class.php:

trigger_error('No callback method defined.', E_USER_WARNING);

This error is not causing any front end issues that I can see and is not inhibiting usability at all but it is very persistent in my logs and would like to figure out the cause and possibly stop it. Any help is appreciated Running current 6.0.11

Welcome ericski! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

These are CubeCart v4-style URLs.

I must conclude that you upgraded from CC4 not too long ago.

I understand that Google offers a "Webmaster tool" that requests Google discard all prior indexed pages of your site and start fresh. I do not know if other search engines have the same.

I don't think there is a way to remove all pages any more on Webmaster Tools. I haven't used v4 formed url's in years, but Google still "sees" them on a few pages (perhaps where some other website has a link to it?) It is possible to remove one page at a time - ugh.

5 hours ago, bsmither said:

Welcome ericski! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

These are CubeCart v4-style URLs.

I must conclude that you upgraded from CC4 not too long ago.

I understand that Google offers a "Webmaster tool" that requests Google discard all prior indexed pages of your site and start fresh. I do not know if other search engines have the same.

Thank you very much for the welcome. I have used cubecart since 2010 and remain very pleased with it. ...In regards to upgrading from v4? ...its been a few years since I had v4 installed
4.2.3 Monday 15 November 2010
5.0.0b1Monday 14 July 2014
6.0.0 Sunday, 24 May 2015

I also use google webmaster tools so I will log in there and look for a reset. What exactly are the warnings saying though? And would that be the only way to get them to stop?

Thanks!

I take those urls shown in the duplicates and then goto Google Index>Remove Urls and try that way to get them out of Google's system. Hopefully you'll be lucky and not have bunches. It's taken me a long time to whittle mine down to just 2 still being warned about.

1 hour ago, Dirty Butter said:

I take those urls shown in the duplicates and then goto Google Index>Remove Urls and try that way to get them out of Google's system. Hopefully you'll be lucky and not have bunches. It's taken me a long time to whittle mine down to just 2 still being warned about.

You guys are great. Thanks again.

"What exactly are the warnings saying though?"

_g=cs and _g=sw&r=%2Fskistore%2Findex.php%3F_a%3DviewProd%26amp%3BproductId%3D3123&currency=JPY

CC6 is attempting to decide what to do or show, based on what is in the URL. Because CC6 does not recognize the value for the _g key (the 'cs' and the 'sw' values), CC6 logs an error because there is no internal function that matches these values.

'sw' is used to switch CC4 to another currency, language, or skin (currency JPY, in this case). 'cs' is used to call a custom script (the captcha image of letters, in this case).

1 hour ago, bsmither said:

"What exactly are the warnings saying though?"

_g=cs and _g=sw&r=%2Fskistore%2Findex.php%3F_a%3DviewProd%26amp%3BproductId%3D3123&currency=JPY

CC6 is attempting to decide what to do or show, based on what is in the URL. Because CC6 does not recognize the value for the _g key (the 'cs' and the 'sw' values), CC6 logs an error because there is no internal function that matches these values.

'sw' is used to switch CC4 to another currency, language, or skin (currency JPY, in this case). 'cs' is used to call a custom script (the captcha image of letters, in this case).

Resolved. Great tech support!