CreditCard Details can't be seen post update to CC6

eerlewein

Hello Guys and Girls,

So I am having an issue. I just ran through the update process of the CubeCart Store. Came from:
1.    Status Old: 5.2.14
2.    Status New: 6.0.11

Backups of files and DB for 5.2.14 do exist and are stored on my machine.

Now for some reason the Credit Card Details are not showing. I am on SSL and I do not get the message to switch to SSL to see those details but I am still not able to check and get that information.
Had an issue on version 4 with that so thats the first thing I checked. Also found the following post (http://www.cubecartforums.org/index.php?showtopic=19575) where Brian Smith asked to check the Back up of the SQL which I checked.

CubceCart config as well as the CC Capture have different Codes in them. Replacing the 5.2.14 Codes into the 6.0.11 did not solve the issue.

1. I have no copied the nonfunctional keys back into the 6.0.11 version and am Rebuilding the DB through the DB Maintenance Menu.
[UPDATE] did that with the DBs and they all return status OK

2. Transaction Logs:
The Log shows the following status for all recent transactions: Not Available     Success     $XXX.XX     Card Capture     18 Mar 2016, 14:01     Card Details captured ready for processing offline.

3. Admin Error Log is Empty

4. System Error Log has: File: [seo.class.php] Line: [645] "INSERT INTO `datshopCubeCart_seo_urls` (`type`,`item_id`,`path`,`custom`) VALUES ('prod','80','sc-single-flute-em-sh-3mm-p80','0');" - Duplicate entry 'sc-single-flute-em-sh-3mm-p80' for key 'PRIMARY'
But I doubt that this has anything to do with the CC Details.

5. Rebuild the Cache on all 4 Categories.

6. mcrypt support is enabled

7. Interesting find. Accessed the store via MyPHPAdmin and checked the "CubeCart_order_summary" Table. The orders that are listed in here (37) do not match a single one in the back end of CC. Compared several Transaction numbers and they are not matching. The Table in the BE of CC also has 177 entries; not just 37 as the DB Table CubeCart_order_summary suggests.

8. The Table "CubeCart_transactions" show Card Capture Success. Captured however is set as NULL

9. `CubeCart_order_summary` & CubeCart_transactions both only list the 37 Transactions from 2013. There are no Order IDs listed which start with 2016.

10. Based on the following post [https://forums.cubecart.com/topic/46964-card-capture-cant-view-card-details/] I checked the Gateway URL [https://www.domain.com/admin.php?_g=plugins&type=gateway&module=Card_Capture]

11. Table: CubeCart_order_summary shows for the 37 Transactions from 2013 that Card Details were in fact recorded. However, the difference is nowhere to be found.

12. Running out of ideas... @bsmither Your Ninja Skills are being called upon ;)

So a partial update.

Just placed an order personally and the CC information is in there.

For some reason the old Transactions when moving from 5--6 were all removed and I now cant see the orders (3-5) that were pending. Which means I will call those customers up and see if they can send me their CC via the phone.

Anything else I should be looking out for? Or how can I use the old DB to recover their info?

-E

Sure do still have the License and Copyright Removal Key.

File now looks like:

<?php
$glob['license_key'] = "I entered the code in here";
$glob['adminFile'] = 'admin.php';
$glob['adminFolder'] = 'admin';
$glob['dbdatabase'] = 'DB NAME';
$glob['dbhost'] = 'localhost';
$glob['dbpassword'] = 'PW';
$glob['dbprefix'] = '';
$glob['dbusername'] = 'USER';
$glob['encoder'] = 'ioncube';
$glob['installed'] = '1';
?>

However that did not change the problem. CC Info is still not visible.

Since I didnt know what you meant with the-license-key. I also used your code as the original and that did not show the info either.

Are you sure it has something to do with the License Key?? I have a feeling there was an issue with the DB migration from 5-6. Otherwise why would I loose 135 Orders and go from 177 down to 30..

"I have a feeling there was an issue with the DB migration."

Well, there is that. I do not recall ever coming across that situation.

In the file /admin/sources/orders.index.inc.php, near line 379, starts the code to decrypt the credit card details. The Encryption->setup() function is given false for the encryption key and the cart_order_id for an intermediate value (I guess that's what it's called).

By using false as the key, the Encryption->setup() in /classes/encryption.class.php, near line 172, gets its own encryption key at line 140. In getEncryptKey(), if CubeCart's configuration doesn't already have an encryption key, then an encryption key is created.

In setEncryptKey(), the License Key is used if present. The License Key will be present if CubeCart was running under a licensed mode. However, CC6 does not run under a licensed node and does not use a license key. Instead, CC6 will use a random string and store that as the encryption key in CubeCart's configuration. All of CubeCart's configuration is databased.

Every time CubeCart starts, the configuration is read from the database. This happens in the Config class. Whatever is in the $glob array overwrites those config settings already in the configuration.

Looking at this process more closely, I see that, in Encryption->getEncryptKey(), if there is an 'enc_key' in the configuration, then it will be used.

So, in addition to having added $glob['license_key'], we also need to add $glob['enc_key'] equal to the license key into the globals.inc.php file.