Amazon Payments not on checkout

JackP

I am using CubeCart V6 (latest update from March 16) and testing in preparation of launching the site.  I have plug-ins installed for Paypal Express Checkout, All-In-One Shipping, and Amazon Payments.  The Amazon Payments i not showing up on the checkout screen, even with all the tokens and such filled in (and set for sandbox).  I have removed and reinstalled several times but there is no change.  Does anyone have any ideas?  Thanks. Jack

CheckOut.jpg

Plugins.jpg

Even with fake numbers entered in CubeCart's Amazon-Payments settings screen, I do get a button.

I had to enable my browser to be able to execute javascript code from Amazon, and also allow for external resources (the button image, etc) to be fetched.

Do you have some sort of security blocker on your browser?

I have not yet checked to see if the PayPal Express module is interfering. I do recall that being an issue last year about something else.

I get both buttons. The PayPal button is closer to the --or-- phrase than yours is, so maybe you have set the "Pay with Amazon" plugin at a higher priority(?). But there does seem to be a space for that button - if it was visible.

Thanks.  I worked through the issue and found that if the Merchant ID is entered, the button disappears.  Otherwise, it is there but nothing happens when you click it.  No idea why this would happen though.  Is anyone else using this?  My main environment is Firefox but I also checked in MS Edge (same issue) and Chrome.  Chrome doesn't even allow me to add an item to the basket (javascript is enabled).

I find that if I put the merchant id in with single quotes (apostrophes - ')  in the setup for Amazon payments, then the button will appear.  This doesn't seem to be proper behavior and this is not the case for another site I have using X-cart with Amazon Payments but the configuration (and reference scripts) are different. 

Also, clicking the button, the window pops up but just shows the "loading" image and never comes up with the payment verification (name and password) in both sandbox and production.  Occurs in both Firefox and Chrome.  Not able to test in Edge as there is some other error around the Capta that I'm still researching. 

Has anyone gotten Amazon Payments to successfully work with the latest CC version?  I am pretty sure in the prior version I got it to work a couple of times but have upgraded to the latest CC since then.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I trying to configure Amazon payments, after go to amazon and get the MWS The Amazon Payments button appears but, after Try to pay using it you´ll receive a popup page from amazon sayng: 

Important Message
  • We're sorry. An error occurred when we tried to process your request. Rest assured, we're working to resolve the problem as soon as possible. Please try again in a few minutes.

After that, I tryed to use all options from Amazon Seller account with MWS

Also: production option or sandBox.

Please help me. 

thanks

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, macgillivray said:

Amazon has changed its requirements for the script.  I "encouraged" the first one to be developed but I'm hoping that someone will come up with a revised - new version to fit amazon's latest interface. 

Margaret

Did a developer create the current Amazon plugin that you "encouraged" to be created, or did CC release it? If CC, then please post a request to GitHub for an upgrade on this plugin.

CubeCart originally released it.  Amazon then changed a whole bunch of stuff and it no longer works in the US.  Because demand is so small, CubeCart is not planning to upgrade it any time soon. While the code to actually implement an Amazon payment system is quite simple, integration into CubeCart is not due to lack of code documentation within CubeCart and no design documents of the current version.  This is not to say it is bad code - it is very fast and works well, but it is just poorly documented which makes it hard to maintain unless you are intimately familiar with it.  Becoming familiar with this code without documentation takes an enormous amount of time which I don't have have when running two other businesses.