Site Transfer Issue

Had a hardware issue with my server and had to redo everything including a drive. Luckily Ive been keeping a complete backup copy of the entire site folder and an export of the mysql db sql file as I work on it.

I installed a WAAMP setup on my backend windows testing machine for testing. I copied in the folder, imported the sql into the database etc. Everything works good with the site.

I got everything configured on my linux server and copied in the folder and imported database. Going to the site im getting this error.

Anyone know how to correct this.

Thanks in advance

Warning: Could not change cache path (/var/www/html/creations/cache/) in /var/www/html/creations/classes/cache/file.class.php on line 258

There are three tests that must resolve to true. Otherwise, that error gets logged. $path is theCubeCart /cache/ folder.

is_dir($path) -- is it a directory, as opposed to a file or symbolic link

file_exists($path) -- does it actually exist

is_writable($path) -- can CubeCart write a file into it

So, check to make sure /cache/ actually exists and that its permissions are such that CubeCart can save a file into it.

If /cache/ has permissions issues, then there may also be the same issues with the /images/ folder or sub-folders, and the /includes/ folder or sub-folders.

I tried to to get the 6.0.11 update and it doesnt appear to be installing it. It goes to get the update and it looks like its working but it comes up to a blank white screen that I have to refresh. When I check the version its still on 6.0.10

There have been various issues with the internal upgrade functionality with past versions.

Then there is always the possibility that PHP ran out of memory and/or time when managing the files.

There may be a clue in PHP's error_log.

Make a manual backup of your store and database, if you haven't already.

It is possible to download the latest package, and FTP the contents directly over the existing installation. Follow that by going to:
www.example.com/setup/index.php

This will update the schema of the database.

• 1 month later...
On 4/2/2016 at 0:14 AM, bsmither said:

There are three tests that must resolve to true. Otherwise, that error gets logged. $path is theCubeCart /cache/ folder.

is_dir($path) -- is it a directory, as opposed to a file or symbolic link

file_exists($path) -- does it actually exist

is_writable($path) -- can CubeCart write a file into it

So, check to make sure /cache/ actually exists and that its permissions are such that CubeCart can save a file into it.

If /cache/ has permissions issues, then there may also be the same issues with the /images/ folder or sub-folders, and the /includes/ folder or sub-folders.

Hello, I'm having the same issue however I have verified it is not a permissions issue. Is there another solution to this problem. Basically what I did was re-created this shopping cart on the backend of another domain to verify some issues. And then I get the cannot change Path error. The cache folder does exist and is set to 755 all of the PHP files are 644 inside that folder. Images, includes are all also 755.

As I understand *nix operating systems, not only is there the three permissions (owner,user,public, I think), one must also determine who the owner is. There is you, when logged in via Cpanel or FTP, and then there is the web server (Apache) running as a user of some sort. I don't do these kinds of operating systems, so I have no advice other than what follows.

You say, "I have verified it is not a permissions issue." I would not know what to ask you that would verify your verification. If you haven't already done so, ask your hosting provider to see what may be happening.

10 hours ago, Dirty Butter said:

I don't know enough to know if it makes a difference or not, but the permission on my cache directory is 777.

777 permissions on any directory or file is wrong or at least is an issue !  777 means that it is world write able, 755 means it is only write able by your user and nobody else.  The only time that 777 is "required" on any file or directory is if the hosting company is not running suPHP, or better still suExec, when there are bigger security issues.  DB, the server your site is running on uses suExec and so all directories should be 755 and all files should be 644

Ian

What I meant when I said I've verified that the permissions were correct I have been using a Linux operating system for over 15 years and have always just used the properties option In FileZilla and WsFtp Pro to change file permissions. I'm pretty sure that it changes the permissions on the folders and files on a root level but I will confirm it just to be sure. I appreciate everyone's suggestions and willingness to help. 

I will also SSH into it as root and check as well.

I didn't setup one of our stores, but I did the other one. Both had 777 on the cache, but I've now changed it to 755. It must have been a leftover setting from my original very low cost host from many years ago. I realized it was wide open, but since it was that way on both stores I figured it was set differently because it was cache. Thanks for the correction, Havenswift.

• 4 years later...
23 hours ago, reneerd said:

altered the perms on the cache directory and bam, no more issue.

If your hosting server requires 777 permissions on any file or directory then it isnt setup to be secure and you should look to move to a different server / hosting company.  Any breach on any site on the server can very easily then go to any other account hosted on the same server