[Resolved] Foundation Skin / Estimated Shipping

jka

I did an in-place upgrade to the latest version 6.x version this evening. All my pervious data and mods were 100% intact.  Great.

I was trying to explore the Foundation Skin which looks awesome. What caught my eye was the  "Shipping (Estimated)" in the Shopping Basket. When I populate the Country, State, Zip, the estimated UPS shipping doesnt show up. (without login) Is there a setting or checkbox that I am missing? I think this feature in the shopping basket is nifty.

Thanks.

There is noting in the request log. But I know that it is doing nothing because, under the UPS module logs, there is no activity. This means that Estimated Shipping after punching in country/Zip is doing nothing. 

BSmither, Any nibbles on why the Shipping call does not bring back UPS rates, whereas in checkout it clearly does. In fact I only have UPS as a shipping mode.

Such a great feature & will awesome if it works without Login.

Regarding the module you are using -- the Multi-Package UPS module. If that module does not listen to the proper (Estimated) hook, then it will not, in turn, talk to the actual UPS module.

I come to that conclusion if, when you choose to enable only the actual UPS module, you do succeed in getting a Rate Response as seen in the admin Request Log.

You said, "I know that it is doing nothing because, under the UPS module logs, there is no activity."

What UPS module logs is this? The actual UPS module does not log anything. The Request function makes the log.

Its actually the UPS Error log in the UPS Rates Module. It throws an error every time a call is made to UPS. If one of the methods is not available, it will give an error. (which is common) For example, an UPS-Expedited call is only for International and it will throw an error for UPS Domestic and vice-versa. 

So for every UPS rates call, there will be a line of error depending on International or Domestic. 

All of the rates works properly at checkout when the address & zip /State is filled out.

Regards,

Ken

I disagree with the term "the UPS error log in the UPS Rates Module".

CubeCart has an overall error log (admin, Error Log, System Error Log tab) that will log some errors from non-specific sources.

Please post a screen shot.

Hmm...

It seems there is a UPS Contract module (as opposed to a UPS module). Let me fetch this module and I'll be back shortly.

Where did you get the UPS Contract module?

If that module is this:
https://www.cubecart.com/extensions/shipping-methods/ups-advanced-shipping-module

then we're back to having the need to consult with the publisher.

Thanks. The whole thing is that this get Estimate part is in a "IF ISSET" with the rest of the other stuff. Also I am not sure what value will be displayed for Shipping when the Shipping Method is not specified for this get Estimate,

This part needs some work and my guess is that its not going to be a simple Single Value in that box. More or less a similar drop down as in the left of that screen.

Not sure if I am saying any of this right with my limited/No tech skills.

In content.checkout.medium-up.php, there is {if $ESTIMATE_SHIPPING}. This value is only true if CubeCart does not have a user-specified delivery address. Once the visitor enters some delivery data, that data then populates part of the Profile form and triggers the form's Update.Basket button.

CubeCart uses the minimal delivery data to re-enumerate through the available shipping options, supplying the Rate Requests with that data, and delivering a fresh page with updated shipping choices.

I think, actually, the problem you are having is not so much with the (Estimated) feature. That sequence does work (I have verified that it does with UPS and USPS).

So now I think the focus should be on how the UPS Contract module gets its rates.

Plus, receiving a UPS 111210 error message is not a really an error. It's simply, "Nope. Can't do that."

So, of all the UPS services you have checked (Ground, 3-Day Select, Worldwide Express, etc), I would image UPS coming back and saying one or more can't be done.

Hi,

The font size on the admin screen made me miss something very fundamental. There is a drop down choice in the UPS Negotiated rates module (screenshot enclosed). I just selected it and it works now.

Apologies for not catching this sooner.

Screen Shot 2016-04-03 at 2.19.31 AM.png