Connection is not secure?

AllSkrewedUp

Been running CC for a few years now. I am currently running the latest version.

All of a sudden, today, when I try to update my shop, I add items, etc. the page doesn't load, and after a while I get this message: " "This request has been denied for security reasons. If you believe this was in error, please contact support." The info tab on the Firefox browser says that the connection is not secure, no encryption, etc.

This is a new one on me. Never had any such problem, and nothing has changed on my end. I spoke with the guy who manages my web hosting and he says it has to be something with the CC software.

Everything else seems to be working fine. Customer checkouts, etc. I just cannot add new items, etc. to the site without getting that error message. I'm stuck. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

"All of a sudden, today..."

No, it cannot be because of CubeCart. Unless you actually update, nothing actually changes. That is, there is no unbidden code enhancements. (Unlike Windows or Chrome where updates happen weekly or several times daily.)

Therefore, it must be something else.

Did Chrome update unbeknownst to you? (If you use Chrome.)

Does the guy who manages your web hosting actually provide your web hosting? If not, your hosting provider may have installed something that is rejecting whatever it is that you are submitting from a form.

For a professional hosting service, there will be log files.

On your end, with a bit of tech savvy, you can watch the internet traffic in and out of your computer (Wireshark). With the browser's developer tools, you can see traffic in and out of the browser.

I have yet to come across a case where one's home Internet Service Provider (Comcast, Cox, etc, for example) is messin' with their customers.

If using Chrome, (dump it, seriously) try Firefox. Or a different computer where Chrome hasn't been updated.