[Resolved] Unsettled Orders

tomcoleman

That is a choice in CC6. Reduce Stock Levels when the order is Complete.

That would require, still, the admin to work through 127 pages of orders. (Show All would be impractical.)

But using the same approach as using a database manager to effect a mass change, the solution is to change the status of the order. (And if not an external bulk change to Complete, then perhaps to Declined.)

Going external to CubeCart means none of the associated actions will be executed: update stock according to Reduce Stock Level setting, emailing customers the order has been shipped, etc.

There are consequences to doing anything, of course. For example, moving an order to complete if it has not, in fact, been shipped means shipping costs have been collected but not spent -- a relatively major accounting pickle.

My way around this was to change Pending to the Declined/Fraud choice (renamed to Unpaid Order), usually after 3 or 4 business days. I manually mark them as Unpaid and reworded the email about Declined to give one more chance to pay. Then, if nothing happens with the order I from time to time delete the Unpaid Order ones.