PayPal Pro and Express Gateway [authorization mode]

adamsymonds88

Hi everybody,
I've got a quick question about the PayPal plugin (1.0.11) on CC 6.0.11  I currently use website payment pro and express checkouts in "sale mode", which both work great!

However, I'd much prefer it if I could delay actually charging the customer until we dispatch the item. That way, I can run much more attractive 30-day pre-order schemes among other things

I've had a fiddle with authorize mode, which works ok. BUT I can't seem to figure out how to make CubeCart tell PayPal that the item is marked as "dispatched" and to collect the authorized payment. This has to be done manually in PayPal, and now we're getting a good stream of orders, it's not practical to do this.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to achieve what I'm after? (get cubecart to tell PayPal to collect authorized payments)

Thanks so much

All The Best
Adam

From page 38 of the PayPal manual:

To set up a capture of the total amount in the original Authorization, you must pass the following parameters in the Delayed Capture request string:
Set ORIGID=PNREF (PNREF value returned in the original Authorization, DoAuthorization, or Do Reauthorization transaction response)
Set TRXTYPE=D

This is an example Delayed Capture request with required parameters.
TRXTYPE=D
&TENDER=P
&PARTNER=partner
&USER=user
&VENDOR=vendor
&PWD=pwd
&ORIGID=EFHP0CDBF5C7

You can get the PNREF value, which is what you pass to ORIGID, from CubeCart's transaction log - it is the 'transction_id' column.

It would be really slick to have a 'Capture' button somewhere on the order when viewed in CC's admin panel. Or even better, have it automatically capture when changing order status to complete.