6.0.11 upgrade — "Notice: Use of undefined constant"...

jvbh

Hi — I just upgraded from 6.0.10 to 6.0.11, and now I'm getting the message "Notice: Use of undefined constant E_DEPRECATED - assumed 'E_DEPRECATED' "  on all my pages, admin and public site. (The website: http://www.heyday-mo.com/catalog/) If I try to reinstall via force upgrade, I just get a blank page with the same error message. What do I need to do to resolve this?

Make sure you are running PHP 5.3.0 or higher. If you are OR if you are not but are unable to change PHP versions due to hosting limitations (in which case you should change hosts), you can manually remove the references to E_DEPRECATED in your version of the files.

See all affected locations here.

If you have access to cPanel, you can go to 'Select PHP Version' under 'Software' and change it there; if not, I'm not sure.

Btw, the issue is that E_DEPRECATED is a constant introduced in PHP 5.3, which is why 5.2.17 gives you an error saying it is undefined.

Yes, it should be with your hosting provider. Many hosting providers allow each individual website to select a PHP version, so the version running on your site vs. the version used by your host (i.e. as the default for sites hosted with them) are not necessarily the same.

Do you have access to an admin panel for your site via your hosting provider? You should be able to select a PHP version there.

To find out what PHP version your site is currently using, you can create a separate .php file in your main directory that simply has 'phpinfo()' in it, then navigate to it in your browser and it will output tons of info about your PHP version.

Make sure to delete the file when you're done, as that file gives anyone access to lots of sensitive information.