[Resolved] Problem Accessing Email Templates in Admin

Hi I have just installed the V6 (25th April) and everything is working except I cannot access the Email Templates in the admin section. I receive the following message 

The www.lettersandnumbers.com.au page isn’t working

www.lettersandnumbers.com.au is currently unable to handle this request.

I did a fresh install from latest available download

Many thanks Andrew

Welcome Andrew Newton! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

Using a programmer's text editor (not a word processor), please create a file called ini-custom.inc.php, and have as its contents:

<?php
# Custom initialization commands
# Filename: ini-custom.inc.php
# File location: main CubeCart folder

ini_set('memory_limit', '256M');
ini_set('max_execution_time', '60');
ini_set('error_log', 'error_log');
ini_set('log_errors', 'on');

?>

Place this file in CubeCart's main folder at your site.

Your hosting control panel's set of tools may have an editor available.

If the problem is with CubeCart, and you get the 500 error, there should be a new file named error_log in the main folder.

We can look at the contents and maybe learn the reason why there is this problem.

Hi thanks for the prompt response. This I did and here the contents of the error log.

[24-Apr-2016 12:58:21] PHP Warning:  register_globals are enabled. It is highly recommended that you disable this in your PHP configuration, as it is a large security hole, and may wreak havoc. in /home/letters1/public_html/shop/classes/debug.class.php on line 132
[24-Apr-2016 12:58:22] PHP Warning:  register_globals are enabled. It is highly recommended that you disable this in your PHP configuration, as it is a large security hole, and may wreak havoc. in /home/letters1/public_html/shop/classes/debug.class.php on line 132
[24-Apr-2016 12:58:33] PHP Warning:  register_globals are enabled. It is highly recommended that you disable this in your PHP configuration, as it is a large security hole, and may wreak havoc. in /home/letters1/public_html/shop/classes/debug.class.php on line 132
[24-Apr-2016 12:58:33] PHP Warning:  register_globals are enabled. It is highly recommended that you disable this in your PHP configuration, as it is a large security hole, and may wreak havoc. in /home/letters1/public_html/shop/classes/debug.class.php on line 132
[24-Apr-2016 12:58:34] PHP Warning:  register_globals are enabled. It is highly recommended that you disable this in your PHP configuration, as it is a large security hole, and may wreak havoc. in /home/letters1/public_html/shop/classes/debug.class.php on line 132
[24-Apr-2016 13:58:34] PHP Warning:  unlink(/home/letters1/public_html/shop/setup) [<a href='http://docs.php.net/manual/en/function.unlink.php'>function.unlink.php</a>]: No such file or directory in /home/letters1/public_html/shop/admin/sources/dashboard.index.inc.php on line 38
[24-Apr-2016 12:58:48] PHP Warning:  register_globals are enabled. It is highly recommended that you disable this in your PHP configuration, as it is a large security hole, and may wreak havoc.

Thanks Andrew

Here is the relevant part sorry about the first post

/home/letters1/public_html/shop/classes/debug.class.php on line 132
[24-Apr-2016 14:37:44] PHP Warning:  register_globals are enabled. It is highly recommended that you disable this in your PHP configuration, as it is a large security hole, and may wreak havoc. in /home/letters1/public_html/shop/classes/debug.class.php on line 132
[24-Apr-2016 15:37:44] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected T_FUNCTION in /home/letters1/public_html/shop/admin/sources/documents.email.inc.php on line 442
[24-Apr-2016 14:38:27] PHP Warning:  register_globals are enabled. It is highly recommended that you disable this in your PHP configuration, as it is a large security hole, and may wreak havoc. in /home/letters1/public_html/shop/classes/debug.class.php on line 132
[24-Apr-2016 15:46:15] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected T_FUNCTION in /home/letters1/public_html/shop/admin/sources/documents.email.inc.php on line 442

I have turned register globals off also

This is the PHP statement in question (slightly modified for clarity) in /admin/sources/documents/email.inc.php at line 441:

$data['content_html'] = preg_replace_callback(
  '|{foreach(.*?)}|',
  function ($matches) { // <<<<< An un-named anonymous function
    return '<!--'.$matches[0].'-->';
  },
  $data['content_html']
  );

The PHP function preg_replace_callback() uses a function to iterate through all the hits found in the thing that was searched for in the target.

An unnamed function() in the middle of another function is called an anonymous function. According to the PHP docs, this capability became available as of PHPv5.3. Therefore, I have to assume you may be running a version of PHP less than v5.3.

(While the "System Requirements" for CC6 state that PHPv5.2 is acceptable, please know this is no longer the case. You will be urged to run PHP absolutely no lower than v5.4.)

If you are, in fact, running PHP of a version 5.3 or higher, we need to explore this further.

Hi Thanks for your help. That nailed it. I was running 5.2 (as I have an older version Joomla Website running with Virtuemart) This I am keeping running until I can migrate to Cube Cart.

I enabled the PHP 5.4 for the Cube Cart installation and it is now working great.

Thanks for the prompt replies.

Andrew