[Resolved] Shopping Cart Disappearing on Mobile Device

njohn

I have my main installation AND a test installation. The main installation works perfectly on a pc and 7" tablet (wifi - Android). The test installation works perfectly on a pc BUT on the tablet when an item is sent to the basket, the amount shows in the basket thingee at the top right - but when you go to the basket it shows "basket empty", when you go back to system screen the basket thingee at the top right shows 0.

Test install using mods flat rate & card capture

Main install using mods by weight & authorize

WELL!!! It's obvious - the cache or something in my pc running linux mint is fooling me.

I have linux mint, windows 10, and ubuntu on my PC and the test installation cart doesn't work on either windows or ubuntu - ON THE SAME PC THAT IT WORKS WITH LINUX MINT!!!!

Sooo - back to the original issue - what's wrong with my test installation?

I'll go back to the linux mint and clear the cache and see what happens.

Losing the shopping cart is indicative that the PHP session is getting lost. Sessions getting lost may present itself as the inability to stay logged in, not being able to maintain more than one item in the shopping sidebasket, losing all contents when going to view the cart, and other "continuity" aspects of visiting a site.

Lost sessions are caused by any of: the operating system not providing a place for PHP to store the session files, the browser reneging on sending back the necessary cookies*, the database table "CubeCart_saved_cart" was not installed, and maybe a few other causes.

Chrome will not send back cookies of the client's system time does not match the time stated in the cookie from Cubecart.

If the web server is answering to "localhost" or an IP address (as opposed to a legit domain name), CubeCart sends a confusing cookie that some browsers may not like.

I have dedicated ip could this be involved? But I have tried it in Firefox and IE with the same result.

I am in the process of rebuilding the whole thing and testing as I go - it seems OK to this point.

Should be finished tonite?? Will post results

The "test" only had 3 categories and 7 products so it seemed faster and easier to just install a new  instance and  try that. I have rebuilt far enough to test a cat and a product (with the same options as before} and it works well on the mobile device.

I guess you can mark this RESOLVED (by default)

Thank you bsmither for trying yet again. I know in a few hours you'd work it out but you can spend your time more effectively elsewhere.