Help with importing Product Images in Mass

HerbDunn

Ok you Masters, I'll admit that I'm a total newbie to CubeCart and I've searched the forums for an answer.

I have all my product imported into my shop. Now I've also downloaded all the product photos from my drop shipper.

My question is how do I import all the images, in mass, to where they will show up in my product listings? I can do them 1 at a time in the Image File Manager but for 1900+ products I'll die of old age before it gets done. There has to be an easier and faster way to do this. What am I missing here?

Thanks in advance for any help ya'll can offer.

YJ

There is a major consideration you will need to ponder, and I will explain that later.

CC6 uses a Filemanager to associate images and other digital files to products. That is, the product's "product_id" gets related to a Filemanager's "file_id". This allows for a many-to-many relationship so that any image can be associated with more than one product and any product can have more than one image. This association is managed in the CubeCart_image_index glue table.

The Filemanager table holds information about all the images and digital downloadable files.

When product data is requested, the Image Index is queried for all records having that "product_id", and resulting list of "file_id" values are used to query the Filemanager for the path and name of each source image.

In admin, [FILE MANAGER] Images, there is a tab named "Update File List". There is a significant consequence that I think has NOT yet been fixed. I have seen this happen but I'm not sure if I have traced it out to learn why it happens.

Using this feature will cause CubeCart to scan through the /images/source/ folder, and sub-folders, and for all the images it finds (including those that have been recently FTP'd en mass to this folder), the Filemanager database table gets rebuilt.

In the rebuilding of this table, the "file_id" values get changed -- somehow. Again, maybe that got fixed but I am not aware of any fix for that. When the "file_id" changes, the associations in the Image Index table are no longer valid. The consequence is that existing products that had images already assigned are now showing the wrong images.

So, use the "Update File List" in the admin File Manager with care.