Customers cant log in

deanotune

Stite is the latest version. Its been working fine but for some reason customers cant log in. I have 2 test accounts and I cant log using either of them. I can log into admin and view the site no problems but people cant log in to place orders. 

Any ideas ??

Thanks 

I checked the error log and got these. There is more but it all seems to similar (I have stared out some info relating to the database.)

File: [session.class.php] Line: [633] "SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS * FROM `CubeCart_sessions` LIMIT 1;" - Table './ouou4439_ohs/CubeCart_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired
Today, 20:19 File: [session.class.php] Line: [537] "DELETE FROM `CubeCart_sessions` ;" - Table './******_ohs/CubeCart_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired
Today, 20:19 File: [session.class.php] Line: [633] "SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS * FROM `CubeCart_sessions` LIMIT 1;" - Table './******_ohs/CubeCart_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired
Today, 20:18 File: [session.class.php] Line: [537] "DELETE FROM `CubeCart_sessions` ;" - Table './******_ohs/CubeCart_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired
Today, 20:18 File: [session.class.php] Line: [633] "SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS * FROM `CubeCart_sessions` LIMIT 1;" - Table './******_ohs/CubeCart_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired
Today, 20:18 File: [session.class.php] Line: [537] "DELETE FROM `CubeCart_sessions` ;" - Table './******_ohs/CubeCart_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired
Today, 20:18 File: [session.class.php] Line: [633] "SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS * FROM `CubeCart_sessions` LIMIT 1;" - Table './********_ohs/CubeCart_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired

so that looks to me like the sessions table in the database is corrupted.

Do you have access to PHPMyadmin

in PHPMyadmin find cubecrt_sessions, click on it and go to the operations tab.

first thing i would do is make a copy, copy the table to something like cubecart_sessions_copy, so you at least have a backup.

Now working on the original, try to anyalize and repair the table (again within operations), as a last resort, maybe truncate it.

12 minutes ago, keat said:

so that looks to me like the sessions table in the database is corrupted.

Do you have access to PHPMyadmin

in PHPMyadmin find cubecrt_sessions, click on it and go to the operations tab.

first thing i would do is make a copy, copy the table to something like cubecart_sessions_copy, so you at least have a backup.

Now working on the original, try to anyalize and repair the table (again within operations), as a last resort, maybe truncate it.

Sorry I dont know jack shit about PHP. Yes I have access to PHPMyadmin but  no idea what to look for let alone how to truncate it. ?????????????????

OK. Go to PHMyadmin, and select your database.

Down the left hand column should be a list of tables.

Find the table 'cubecart_sessions'.

Click this, then on the right hand side choose the operations tab.

On the right hand side of the operations menu, (around the middle) is a copy function. Use this to make a copy of your sessions table, just call it cubecart_sessions_copy. (use the radio button 'copy structure and data')

In the bottom left of the operations menu, are a list of tools to try and fix the table, use any combination of these.

In the bottom right of the operations menu, is a truncate button. (this would be my last resort) Truncate will empty the sessions table, drop will delete it, so try to avoid drop (although you did make a copy just in case ??? )

You mentioned you can log into your installation of CubeCart's admin - and hopefully stay logged in.

In admin, Maintenance, Database tab, select every table that was mentioned as being crashed.

At the bottom of the list, use the drop-down selector to choose With Selected: "Repair".

We do not know how a table gets damaged, but because the people who wrote the MySQL engine built in a way to repair a crashed table, maybe they don't know why tables crash either.

OK guys and gals ....I did the fix and it seems to be OK. Since then tho I had one customer who is using a samsung tablet tell me she cant log in. I deleted her original log in (set up before the crash) just in case it was corrupted. She will try again and if it still does not work I will be back.

Just a big thanks for the help so far. Always appreciated.

Dean

Outback Herbs and Spices