CC6 Not accepting email on registration

Jorge Herrera

A costumer (friend) is trying to register with a email address like #######_######@yahoo.com.mx (# are letters and numbers) and CC6 is asking for a valid email address. The email address is not yet registered and it is not in the mailing list.

He's on a mobile

What can the problem be? email too long?

Also the ReCaptcha is not appearing.

13128820_720840154723150_1191847874_o.jpg

Edited by Jorge Herrera
Additional info

Can you verify if the email address being submitted contains any character that may be very common in the user's language, but is not, in fact, very plain ASCII?

For example, ñ is not an allowed character.

The email has common letters and numbers and I tried creating a user with his email from my computer and there was no problem.

I think that it may be a problem with the browser that he is using on is phone because I tried with my iPhone and I did get the reCaptcha.

I'll ask him to give me info on his phones system and browser versions.

For recaptcha, if the visitor, during that session, successfully solves a test, the session remembers and will not present any more tests. This is irrespective of making a registration attempt.

For example, having left a product review (requires recaptcha) and a solved test, the session remembers the visitor is human (the purpose of recaptcha), and will not show any more tests.

8 minutes ago, bsmither said:

For recaptcha, if the visitor, during that session, successfully solves a test, the session remembers and will not present any more tests. This is irrespective of making a registration attempt.

For example, having left a product review (requires recaptcha) and a solved test, the session remembers the visitor is human (the purpose of recaptcha), and will not show any more tests.

This is correct. SItes thst ask me to solve more than once are a bug bear of mine. 

7 hours ago, Al Brookbanks said:

CubeCart uses the filter_var function in PHP. In some older versions of PHP this function is buggy. 

I can also confirm this - can you find out what version of PHP is running on the server and let us know ?  It is amazing how many businesses are running extremely old versions of PHP, MySQL and Apache.  There can sometimes be semi-valid reasons (although this is often to cater for old applications which should also be upgraded as they will certainly have even more serious security issues) for running 5.3 but at the very least you should have 5.3.29 which was the latest version and then many hosting servers are still running 5.2.X and often then not the latest versions

OK that version is not too old although it depends on the final point release number (and 5.4 did still reach end of life in Sept 2015) but as you are able to create a user with no problem using the same (assuming it is exactly the same !) email address then it shows the problem isnt with the email address or CubeCart per se.