Multiple Downloads for a Product

MikeK

I run a training site and would like to use Cube Cart for the shopping cart software.  I have looked all over but cannot seem to find support for multiple files on a single downloadable product.

Some of the tutorials that I sell, these are all video tutorials, with presentations, notes and videos, are quite large when I break them down into files sizes of 200 - 300 MB there are sometimes a group of files that make up one product.  

Is there a way to use Cube Cart as the sales platform for products like this.

I would appreciate any help.  I currently use my own cart software that does this and have thought about writing a new one but your is becoming so popular if possible I would like to use yours.

Thank you for the help.

Mike

That is a shame. because Cube Cart appears to be a nice product.

Your suggestion is not possible with the size of some of the files we are talking about.  Some of the tutorials that we sell, can exceed 20 hours in length, those files could easily exceed 2GB if included in a single compressed file.

Cube Cart is missing an opportunity here, there are a large group of us that teach online and the industry is getting larger.  I have written my own standalone application that handles my downloads now but does not have near the functionality of the Cube Cart application.  I would have really liked to you have used Cube Cart.

I guess I will keep looking.

Thank you for the response.

• 8 months later...

I have worked through the code a number of different ways, and it all stops at the way the CubeCart_downloads table and code references the CubeCart_inventory and the CubeCart_order_inventory tables. If records do not exist where the code wants to be looking for them, a download won't happen.

I do have a working "Bundled Products" plugin working, but that requires each available download to already be a legitimate product (but perhaps hidden).

It's my list of things to resume looking into.

34 minutes ago, bsmither said:

I do have a working "Bundled Products" plugin working, but that requires each available download to already be a legitimate product (but perhaps hidden).

So are you saying the sections of this huge download could be created as hidden products - Then the Bundle of that Tutorial with Part1, Part2, Part3, etc, could be bought and the customer would be able to download each part under the order for that Tutorial?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm jumping into this topic, because my need for multiple downloads have arisen.

I manufacture circuit boards and sell them. Sometimes as a "done unit" (i.e. I solder everything), and sometimes as a "kit" (i.e. buyer solders everything). For the latter case, I need to include a PDF-document (soldering instructions).

There's also an english version available for the instructions. The product info is in Swedish, with "english translation" added separately. This means I need to be able to add both the Swedish and the English soldering instruction-files (two PDF-files).

One - bad - solution here would be to merge the two PDF-files into one, but I'm thinking later on; for projects using multiple boards, spec sheets, testrun papers, general documentation, you-name-it, merging all those docs into one big dinosaur-PDF would definately be a no-no. Sometimes I also need to add firmware-files for customers to download.

So; being able to add multiple files to producs (much like multiple images, or whatever) is a feature I'd really like to see. Unfortunately I'm not skilled enough to even try and make an own plugin for this purpose, else I'd been doing that already.