[Resolved] Unable to create new order in Admin Panel after upgrade

peachcouch

Hi,

I have just recently upgraded our store from ver 5.1.5 to version 6.0.11. The website itself is up and running and is doing fine even after migrating it to a new webhost. Now, we normally encode some orders withint the admin panel. But after the upgrade I am now unable to do so. I can no longer create additional orders or any information like billing Address, customer within the Order tab as the "Save" and the "Save and Reload" button seems to be non responsive. It is basically not saving anything on the Order tab of the admin panel. There is no error that pops out nor does it show any error in the error logs. It's just basically not saving. Hope someone can point me to the right direction here. The website in question is www.australiawidewreckers.com.au

Thanks!

On 15/5/2016 at 0:09 AM, Dirty Butter said:

Do you have Debug enabled for your IP address in Store Settings?

Hi Dirty Butter, thank you for the reply!

I am not really sure where I would find Debug? :huh: Can you let me know where I can find it? Also it does not look like it's the upgrade that has caused it because I made a clean installation in another location and the same thing happened. I am unable to create an order on the admin panel side so I'm not sure what's really causing it.

In admin, Store Settings, Advanced tab, there is a setting to enable debugiing. We highly recommend that you also enter your IP address (www.whatismyip.com) in the next field. This limits who gets to see the debug listings.

When debugging is enabled, at the bottom of every page, there will be a grey section listing a myriad of things, mostly database queries and session variables. But also in this section will be some (not all) PHP errors.

However, the debug section, having clicked a button to submit a form, will not show any information about why the form won't submit. You will need to use the browser's Developer Tools for that. Most modern browsers have Developer Tools: Firefox is Menu, Developer; Inet Explorer is F12. I do not know how to start Chrome's tools.

The Developer Tools will show if any javascript has crashed, whether or not a form has been posted and with what data, etc.

We cannot readily assist you because the problem seems to be in one particular admin screen. Looking at the store front mostly doesn't show us what we need to see to be able to determine what is happening.

Thank you for your reply bsmither! I did the changes on the admin side then view the browser while creating the order. I had attached a screenshot but honestly I'm not sure which one to look at as I do not seem to see any indication of crashes or problem unless I am looking at the wrong panel. Most panels does not really show anything except the Debugger and the Network Tab. I noted that the network pane is only showing Method of GET and I have not seen any indication of POST since I was trying to click SAVE but really it is not responding. :(

Sources.jpg

Network.jpg

Hi,

I tried looking into another lower version of Cubecart 6.010 using another website that I am managing and it has the same problem. I looked up and seen in GitHub URL https://github.com/cubecart/v6/issues/798 that a problem like this was reported as a bug under version 6.0.7 or 6.0.8 and it was fixed. Now 6.011 and 6.010 are higher versions so I would assumed that the fix would have already been applied to these releases or is it? Shall I submit this as a bug or do I need to download the fix that was in GitHub? Will it work with my version 6.011?

I can see that the javascript is working with respect to submitting GET requests for address and user suggestions when creating an order against a customer.

But after that, I see a GET for plugins.php. I think that is strange.

The Github issue 798 suggests that the javascript file (updated since) was disabling all submit inputs. That would be the case because I see in the URL (browser address bar) that you have a page as a result of a search.

It could be the case that the file jquery.autocomplete.min.js did not get upgraded along with CC6011, or (more likely) the browser you are using has cached and is still using that javascript from an older version of CubeCart. On the other hand, CC6011 is suppose to disallow the browser from using it's internally cached copy of plugins.php. So, maybe your site has some sort of server-based cache?

As an experiment for you, visit the CubeCart demo store and in that demo admin, try adding an order. If you get the same issue, the problem may be with your browser and its internal cache.

Hi bsmither thank you so much for your reply. I tried creating an order on the demo version and it actually did not work as well. I will try and test it on another pc tomorrow and will give feedback as it's getting late here.

Thanks again!

Hi bsmither,

I did test creating the order in another pc...and finally discovered why it is not creating the order. It actually has a workflow that needs to be followed so the created file can be saved. I was trying to squeeze my brain juice for all complicated and technical issues that I missed the most obvious one. Compared with the lower version that we are allowed to save information ie. address, billing once entered; this version does not. You have to actually fill up the inventory tab first add the product before you are allowed to save all other details. Thanks so much for all the help!