[Resolved] Footer links do not work

Priestfield

Hi All

I'm hoping someone can help me here. I installed Cubecart today, very straight forward. played with a few templates eat. all good. I then got to work putting the site together and got to the footer content, contact, T&C ect. I pasted the detail in. when you click on the respective link nothing happens but the URL shows I am in the right place. I thought it was something I had done as I tested the demo on the cube cart site and that works fine. so I done a complete reinstall and still it doesn't work. Does anyone know why?

Any help or guidance would be very much appreciated 

Priestfield

you have .../Termsand conditions

The url needs to be without spaces, like the others. You say you pasted it - try pasting it into Notepad and then into the document - maybe you're picking up some hidden formatting, such as from Word, that is messing things up.

Also, is the Status of these documents enabled?

There are links in everything but Terms and Conditions. In admin, Documents, General tab, URL field, make sure there is nothing entered here.

Secondly, when clicking on a link, the visitor is shown the Homepage, that is, index.php. This tells me that the .htaccess file is not present, or NGINX is ignoring it, or NGINX is not configured to rewrite the URLs.

If I enter this URL:
http://scentsecrets.co.uk/index.php?seo_path=returns-policy

which is what the rewrite should have done, I do get the document page.

Guys

Thanks so much for you advise. I have sorted the links and they now all work fine.

The T&C still doesn't work. I checked the permissions of the htaccess file and temp changed it to 777. it was at 644.

I deleted and reinstalled the T&C doc in file manager but had no luck. I haven't a clue where to find or what to do with this NGINX.

Thanks again

Try temporarily renaming your .htaccess file and let CC create a new one when you refresh the site. There should be a section in it that starts with

######## START v4 SEO URL BACKWARD COMPATIBILITY ########

By the way, for what it's worth, my .htaccess file has permission 644.

• 2 weeks later...