[Resolved] Can't get logged in

HerbDunn

For some reason I am unable to get logged into the front end of my shop and also unable to view several areas of the admin area. I had everything working great then decided it was time to make an exact duplicate of the store on my local hard drive. I fired up my ftp and started downloading. while that was going I went outside to do some stuff out there and when I came back in, all was done. I went to my browser window to log into the front end again only this time I just got a blank screen. Went into the error.log to check it out and the below error is what I was greeted with. At this point, I haven't changed anything else so I was baffled. I wanted to go to my store settings to turn on the debug mode but found that the settings page was also affected in the same manner. Couldn't get in, along with several of the other admin pages. But not all.  Can someone please help me sort this out, please. Here is the error message.

[Exception] /home2/xxxxxxxx/public_html/classes/language.class.php:673 - String could not be parsed as XML

Please look at the CubeCart folder /language/. Make sure there are no files that should not be in there. The files may all end in either .xml or .gz, but may not actually have proper xml-formatted contents.

Yes, the statement in language.class.php, at line 673 will have only been given a file with an .xml extension. But, please, examine the contents of all those files. One (or more) of those files will have corrupted contents that make it a non-well-formed xml file. A quick glance at the filesize and last modified date may give a clue as to which file is causing the problem.

We may need to make an edit to the language class to include in the error notice the name of the file that could not be parsed as XML.

Got it, my friend.  In the two US English language files were some Google Analytics code.  Once I did away with that. Everything went back to normal, in both, my online store and my online test store.  Once again, I thank you so much for your invaluable help.