[Resolved] Get product URL

bobdonkey

Hi

Does anyone know how to get the product URL? I am working on the database itself, so I need to be able to generate or get the product URL for any poduct in the inventory. This is so I can use it when exporting to google shopping.

Thanks

Without looking in CubeCart, but staying only with looking at the database, the table CubeCart_seo_urls contain the core of product URLs.

For example, after a fresh install, the one test product could have, in that table's 'path' column, "test-category-01/test-product-1". This will be used to construct the full URL of:

www.example.com/store/test-category-01/test-product-1.html

There is an admin setting that causes CubeCart to prepend the category SEO name/path to the product SEO path. If this setting is to not do the prepend, then all that will be in the 'path' column is "test-product-1".

Another example:

"software/server/microsoft-server-2012" => www.example.com/software/server/microsoft-server-2012.html

Thanks, that will do the job I think. For some reason phpmyadmin was not showing half of my tables, so I couldnt find that table when in fact it is there. Very odd.

So thanks again, this will allow me to create the URLs.

Cheers.

Well that is a good question DB, I need to look at that more as it could save me some time.

But I want to be able to choose which products are exported as I don't want them all on google shopping. But maybe I could modify the google base plugin to suit my needs.

Thanks

You may be able to narrow what is sent to shopping by using Google custom_labels. I use custom_label_0 for availability and have it set on Google to only pick up Adwords listings for in stock items. It could just as easily be for other criteria. I also use description_short on the estates site, instead of description.

Yep all I did was modify the plugin so that it only exports products that have a google category set. So now when I set the category, it will automatically make it available on google shopping.

I just changed this line:

if($result['google_category'] != '')

Previously it was checked if the price was 0, but I dont care about that since I already have a script that checks for that.

Now I just need to make a script that will automatically set the google category for the product categories that I want to export. 

Thanks