[Resolved] David Wright

I have had CC3 running for 10 years without too much trouble, (very heavily modified) as "sellingtoyou.com" but it all went TU last week after some corruption on hard disk. Tried to re-install but cannot find installation file nor the one that sets the permissions. Have the original program.

All I get now is  "

You don't have permission to access / on this server.
Server unable to read htaccess file, denying access to be safe

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request." I have also gone Win10 this week but still nothing. Can anyone help please.

Dave - [email protected]

"You don't have permission..." is a message sent by the web server. CC3 doesn't need an .htaccess file, but will run fine with one present if the declarations do not cause the web server any problems.

So, if the web server (Apache) is configured to insist on a .htaccess file and it's not there, well, not much further be said.

Another cause may be the folder permissions do not allow for the web server to access the folder/files needed to run the PHP scripts.

You may need to get the hosting support people involved to solve the permissions problem.