[Resolved] disable cancel order

keat

Is it possible to remove the feature whereby a customer can cancel his order?
This is causing some confusion for our sales team.

Customer placed an order, paid via PayPal, the order went to processing.

This was processed internally, but in the meantime, the customer cancelled his order.

We had no notification of the cancelled order and the order was desptached.

Actually, I discovered if i remove the phrase 'Cancel Order' from the language basket phrases, the link to cancel the order vanishes.

Would this be adequate to stop a customer from cancelling his order ?

I commented that section out of the content.orders.php:

{*            {if $order.cancel}
            <a href="{$STORE_URL}/index.php?_a=vieworder&cancel={$order.cart_order_id}" class="button tiny alert expand nomarg" title="{$LANG.basket.cancel_order}">{$LANG.basket.cancel_order}</a>
            {/if}
*}

We often ship within hours of the payment, and one time shipped and they cancelled while it was on its way. I've kept the Cancel option disabled ever since.

That removes the link. This will probably solve all your concerns, but there will still be that "knows enough to be dangerous" person who knows what the link should look like:
www.example.com/index.php?_a=vieworder&cancel=123456-123456-1234

And cancels anyway.

I found places in cubecart.class.php and order.class.php dealing with Cancelled orders. BUT I sometimes have to refund payments via PayPal, because I've made a mistake and we don't have it in stock after all. If I refund in PP, there is an automatic change to Cancelled in CC. I wouldn't want to mess that up. I re-worked the Failed order choice to be Unpaid, and I use that for Pending orders, with an appropriately worded email, that never turn into paid orders.

I'll see what my earlier changes bring.

I have changed our T&C's, words along the lines:  "You may not interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working to this site or any transaction conducted. "

If anyone cheats and tries to circumvent the 'Cancel Order' thing, at least we are covered legally.

• 4 weeks later...