[Resolved] Blank store front after upgrade to 6.0.11

My store has been compromised and I urgently need to upgrade. I have restored from a backup prior the the hack and now need to upgrade it. I have tested the upgrade on my development store (this hasn't been compromised), but I now have a blank storefront, unless I use Foundation skin. All other skins (any Kurouto colour, my own modified skin) just give a blank screen.

I have added ini-custom.inc.php as suggested in another thread to generate an error log, and get the error:-

[23-May-2016 12:54:52 UTC] PHP Warning:  file_exists() [<a href='http://docs.php.net/manual/en/function.file-exists.php'>function.file-exists.php</a>]: Unable to find the wrapper &quot;tcp&quot; - did you forget to enable it when you configured PHP? in /var/sites/c/ccdev.whitbygothweekend.co.uk/public_html/classes/session.class.php on line 598

How can I fix this?

I think CC6011 went for defaulting to memcached as the caching mechanism. Search the forums for that. There will be issues if your hosting provider has not configured that properly. There is a way to switch memcached off. Then we can pursue the missing skin.

Found:

Error message is :  Unable to find the wrapper "tcp" - Did you forget to enable it when you configured PHP?
The Resolution is: Disable xcache on web server

You may need to have your web host perform the above.

I've tried Al's fix, and that doesn't work.

My host isn't on C-Panel (it is some sort of 'in house' management tool) and there is no option for xcache, and as it is shared hosting I doubt is something that can be turned off for just one user.

Hopefully there's a solution Bsmither or another contributor can offer. But I will say that moving from Kurouto to Foundation with a similar look is not that difficult, just time consuming. I would suggest you use a copied Foundation folder with your own name, just as you did with Kurouto. To keep the sidebar Category navigation you would need SemmperFiWebServices Vertical Navigation plugin.

I've just deleted the Kurouto folder, copied over a new one from a new download and it works with 6.0.11, so not sure what has changed. Whatever it is the same change must be in my modified skin.

All I need to do now is find out exactly what has changed, so I can transfer the changes over to my modified skin!

Found the problem, it is a section of code in main.php for Kurouto (and by default my modified version) that has been inserted for the CraftyClicks Post Code lookup module.

<!--modification for the style to include CraftyClicks module-->
  {php}
  $token = $GLOBALS['config']->get('CraftyClicks','token');
  $hide_county = ($GLOBALS['config']->get('CraftyClicks','hidecounty') == "1");
  echo'<script>var trans_token = "'.$token.'"; var hide_county = "'.$hide_county.'"</script>';
  echo'<script src="'.$GLOBALS['storeURL'].'/modules/plugins/CraftyClicks/js/craftyclicks_smartytemplate.js"></script>';
  echo'<script src="'.$GLOBALS['storeURL'].'/modules/plugins/CraftyClicks/js/crafty_postcode.class.js"></script>';
 {/php}

How this produces an error where the "tcp" wrapper can't be found I have no idea!

...and I've solved it!

CraftyClicks adds a couple of lines to some core files to make it work with non-Foundation templates; something to do with a javascript hook not being available in all templates.

Put the lines back in and all is good now.