[Resolved] Pages not showing up. Just blank white pages

HerbDunn

Question... Hopefully some one  has ran across this issue.

I had been trying to figure out why none of my information files don't show up. Content in there. But in the front end when you try to view, say, the Privacy Policy, You only get  a blank white page..  Then, a couple nights ago, a friend of mine logged on and went to view an individual product and since we were on skype at the time, he told me that all he was getting was a blank white page. So I logged in and tried several different products and sure enough, Blank white pages.

Can anyone explain to me why this is happening and how to fix it???  And how do I fix it.  Thanks in advance

YJ

p.s. Also nothing shows up in the error log.

I would think that at one time, CubeCart did deliver pages to your customers. It's just that now there is nothing.

That tells me your hosting provider did something.

Lately, blank pages means that a function used by CubeCart to have the capability to display non-ascii (foreign) characters (MBSTRING functions) is not available.

In admin, PHP Info, scroll through the tables to find the "mbstring" table. If the "mbstring" table is not there, you will need to have your hosting provider install it.

Thank you for your help, BSmither   Here is what it says about the mbstring.

mbstring

Multibyte Support enabled
Multibyte string engine libmbfl
Multibyte (japanese) regex support enabled
Multibyte regex (oniguruma) version 4.4.4
Multibyte regex (oniguruma) backtrack check On

mbstring extension makes use of "streamable kanji code filter and converter", which is distributed under the GNU Lesser General Public License version 2.1.

Directive Local Value Master Value
mbstring.detect_order no value no value
mbstring.encoding_translation Off Off   ????    Could this be the prob???
mbstring.func_overload 0 0
mbstring.http_input pass pass
mbstring.http_output pass pass
mbstring.internal_encoding no value no value
mbstring.language neutral neutral
mbstring.strict_detection Off Off                 Or here????
mbstring.substitute_character no value no value

MBSTRING is available, so that can't be the cause.

Using a programmer's text editor (not a word processor), please create a file called ini-custom.inc.php, and have as its contents:

<?php
# Custom initialization commands
# Filename: ini-custom.inc.php
# File location: main CubeCart folder

ini_set('memory_limit', '256M');
ini_set('max_execution_time', '60');
ini_set('error_log', 'error_log');
ini_set('log_errors', 'on');

?>

Place this file in CubeCart's main folder at your site.

Your hosting control panel's set of tools may have an editor available.

If the problem is with CubeCart, and you get the 500ISE, there should be a new file named error_log in the main folder.

No programmers editors there so I used Windows NotePad. My old faithful standby..

Got it, BSmithers...PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected '*' in /home2/*******/public_html/modules/social/Pinterest/social.class.php on line 3

That line started off with "**" so I added the "/" to get "/**" and low and behold, it all worked perfectly.

Once again, I thank you so much.. What I wouldn't give for my pea brain to hold just 1/2 of what you know about CC.

Have a great evening, my friend.

YJ

Someone may need to report that on the Github, unless a new version of the Pinterest module is already available at the MarketPlace.

And, to be fair, Windows Notepad is not a programmer's text editor. Latest versions of Notepad will have the BOM in the file. That will cause problems in many situations.

Take a look at Notepad++ or EditPad (Lite) 7. These are free and free of adware.