[Resolved] cubecart 6 foundation background image

dug up the following piece of code from somewhere in the forum, apparently this goes in cubecart.default.css

doesn't seam to work

basically I would like to add a background image to my website.. help

using default foundation skin

body {
    background-image: url(../../../images/source/test/font.gif);
    background-attachment: fixed;
}

I see nothing wrong with the above. (Assuming font.gif exists where indicated.)

Your browser may be using an internally cached copy of cubecart.default.css, so force your browser to reload page resources (usually CTRL-F5).

Thank you but unfortunately that didn't work for me,

body { 
    background-image: url(../images/examples/slider1.jpg); 
    background-attachment: fixed;
}

this is the exact sample piece of code I think I should try, not having a background in scripting I'm not sure where to start,

basically I have a fresh installation of cubecart v6, I have started configuring the admin settings to my liking,

I have the default foundation skin installed,

I have read a few of your posts, they mention using firebug, is this some kind of like browser running log or debugger?

I''m thinking I don't know where to insert the code even though you say its the correct piece of script to use

Firebug is a FireFox extension that allows you to "Inspect" an element by right clicking on a spot on your store page you want to examine. It lets you see how the css is coded, so you know where to go to make changes. There is a learning curve to using it, but it's worth trying to learn it. Other browsers have something similar, but Firebug seems to give the most information.

I appreciate your time and effort on replying to my posts, for anyone who stumbles apon my post

cubecart version 6

In the Foundation skin (presuming), try by adding this CSS rule to the file cubcart.default.css:

.inner-wrap { background-image: url("path/to/image.png"); }

this works so long as the path is setup correctly, this script works for version 6

• 3 weeks later...