Can't login to admin area.

BisqueBead

Eventually (maybe after the fifth time), CubeCart will have locked out attempts from your IP address and web browser.

Please let us know the exact version of CubeCart you are using, if you recall.

You will be needing to access your database directly. So, be ready to log in to your hosted account's Cpanel.

In phpMyAdmin, the left panel is the list of your databases. One of them will be the database that CubeCart uses.

Select that database. Probably just click on the name.

Then there will be shown a list of the tables. Probably just click on the name of the table.

I don't have a phpMyAdmin locally installed on my development machine, so I can't tell you exactly how to get to the Cubecart_admin_users table.

If the email address is correct, then you should have received an email to have responded to. Maybe it is in your SPAM folder?

Anyway, let's also make sure your login is not being blocked. In this table, in the row for your login, look at the "failLevel" and "blocktime" columns. If they are not both zero, make them that way.

Then, in the table CubeCart_blocker, delete any and all rows that there may be shown.

Fail level was 3. Changed it to 0   Blocktime was 0     In the table CubeCart_blocker, there was one thing. I deleted it.

BTW, you ROCK!!! :-D

I tried the email recovery again. Still nothing. And nothing in the spam folder either.  This is driving me crazy.

Check if you can log in. You do not need to log out of Cpanel as yet.

If you can't, then maybe your password is not what you remember it to be. If this is the case:

1. Enter the desired password in the "password" field. Then, using the Function drop-down selector, choose MD5.

2. Leave the "salt" field blank.

3. Set "new_password" to "0".

4. Set "status" to "1".

5. Set "super_user" to "1".

Try to log in.

ok. tried to login. still not working. Same password I have always used.     Haven't changed it. 

I don't see a FUNCTION drop-down selector. I DO see aSeach drop down that has  the 2,3,4,and 5 that you listed.  But the are no numbers to choose. only symbols. =, >, =>, etc

I am assuming the the = sign is 0?  the > sign is 1?

And I don't see the MD5 at all

Reload the table in phpMyAdmin. (Having tried to login should have changed the values of that row in the table from the simple MD5'd password to a more complex one.)

Make the changes, again, to the values in the columns as I outlined above. (I assume phpMayAdmin updates the values of the table immediately, but I'm not sure. So, if there is a Save button, be sure to do that.)

I've been following along, thinking this might be something I should learn how to do, just in case. Anyway - my password field is not currently marked as MD5 - the Function is blank. The password is obfuscated in some way, however, as it's a long string of letters and numbers.

The drop-down (or whatever it is) applies the function to the value. There is no "marking" of what the value currently represents or how it got that way.

A series of 32 seemingly random characters with a blank salt is the MD5'd old-style password (CC3). A series of 128 seemingly random characters with a value in the salt column is the new-style password (CC5/6).

One failure is all that is needed to prove the password isn't going to work.

Go to the CubeCart_blocker table and delete the row that should now be there.

Back at the Cubecart_admin_users table, be sure to set to "0" the 'failLevel' and 'blockTime' columns.

The only reasonable answers to why CubeCart is not processing the password are:

1. Your hosting provider changed something regarding the version of PHP your site is using, or

2. There is a code snippet that may be interfering with logging in.

Look in the table CubeCart_code_snippet. For every snippet listed, set it's value in the 'enabled' column to "0". Let us know if there are any entries in the table that does not seem legitimate to you.

Also, if the password is 32 characters, the salt is null, then the 'new_password' must be "0".

• 1 month later...

I am having this same problem, and I am about to explore using the solutions provided here. My concern is about the comment about "must" upgrade. The last and only time I attempted an upgrade, my storefront got hosed, and I finally had to get my hosting facility to revert to a backup.

My business is a small step above hobby level. I would like to purchase support for converting my site, but that would wipe out a year or two of revenues. Profit, if nay, is razor thin.

Is it reasonable for me to consider upgrading on my own?

There are security reasons for saying the upgrade is a must. As to whether you can upgrade on your own - is your store stock code, or do you have edits you have made and/or mods that required edits to the core code? What version are you currently on and what skin do you use? (Sorry - didn't notice your nice signature!!)