[Resolved] Paypal standard logo doesn't appear on checkout page

drupopuppis

Hi all,

I am using Paypal Standard and have selected the option of writing the path to the logo.gif, (/modules/gateway/PayPal/admin/logo.gif), still no logo is displayed.

I have read previous posts here (CC V5) that was suggesting to make changes to the file: (classes/sanitize.class.php) on line 30 change, however, as I am running CCV6 the sanitize.class.php is different and could not find  that snippet of code to change.

Does anyone have a clue why the payment gateway logo doesn't display on checkout or how to fix it on CCV6?

We recommend putting either a fully-formed URL or a simple relative URL in the module's description field.

Fully formed: http: //www.example.com/modules/gateway/PayPal/admin/logo.gif

Simple relative: modules/gateway/PayPal/admin/logo.gif   <<-- no leading slash

With the leading slash, the URL may be pointing at the very top of your domain site, while the CubeCart installation may be in a sub-folder.

Being able to do this no longer requires edits to the code. However, it is either the logo, or a text phrase. Not both.

10 hours ago, bsmither said:

We recommend putting either a fully-formed URL or a simple relative URL in the module's description field.

Fully formed: http: //www.example.com/modules/gateway/PayPal/admin/logo.gif

Simple relative: modules/gateway/PayPal/admin/logo.gif   <<-- no leading slash

With the leading slash, the URL may be pointing at the very top of your domain site, while the CubeCart installation may be in a sub-folder.

Being able to do this no longer requires edits to the code. However, it is either the logo, or a text phrase. Not both.

Yeah, tried both the text or images but none works, (URL tried in both full and relative).

checkout.jpg

cubecart.jpg

paypal-logo.jpg

The Filemanager is not involved.

The fact that there is no radio button associated with the PayPal (even with a missing icon) tells me that CubeCart has determined PayPal is not eligible to be a payment gateway for this customer, even though it is enabled.

I see on PayPal's config screens that the Allowed Zones tab has a number showing.

Please confirm the customer trying to check out is within an assigned Allowed Zone for PayPal.

9 hours ago, bsmither said:

The Filemanager is not involved.

The fact that there is no radio button associated with the PayPal (even with a missing icon) tells me that CubeCart has determined PayPal is not eligible to be a payment gateway for this customer, even though it is enabled.

I see on PayPal's config screens that the Allowed Zones tab has a number showing.

Please confirm the customer trying to check out is within an assigned Allowed Zone for PayPal.

I see....I might need to set all countries to allow then. 

8 hours ago, bsmither said:

I see.

Using a fully-formed URL, you could display any image from anywhere there is a web server. <grin>

I have tried to upload on a different directory but did not show either.

10 hours ago, Dirty Butter said:

Just to be sure - you do have the logo.gif uploaded via Filemanager and version 1.0.4 of the PP Standard plugin?

The file logo.gif is part of the upload when installing the PayPal plugin. I have anyway verified that is there by visiting the URL, (screenshot above), I have also uploaded the logo on a different directory but not luck. I will try to activate all the countries I am interested to sell  to and see if it has anything to do with that.

[SOLVED] 

As correctly suggested by @bsmither it was indeed because of the Country was not in the allowed zone. I now have to do the tedious job of manually select all the countries I want to sell to. I wish there was a bulk option rather than an individual selection.

Many thanks as usual to all the participants