Not receiving admin emails on orders

drupopuppis

Prior to go live with the site we have tested Paypal and despite placing an order and successfully paying with Paypal we are not receiving any admin email to warn us that a payment / order was placed. We are using CC V6 10.

the site has three administrators and all three are set to receive system emails. I have tried to see if there is anything related in the forum but could not find any, (except for POF which is not what we are using as a Gateway).

Anyone has a clue?

There are a few considerations:

• We have discovered some hosting providers have difficulty delivering mail generated on the server (CubeCart) to recipients whose email address domain is also registered with that server
  • Some hosting providers really do not want you to send emails
  • Some hosting providers insist on using their email transfer agents but won't let you use them unless your hosting package includes this capability

Aside from that, we would ask that you use the Test button for the email settings (admin, Store Settings, Advanced tab).

7 minutes ago, bsmither said:

There are a few considerations:

• We have discovered some hosting providers have difficulty delivering mail generated on the server (CubeCart) to recipients whose email address domain is also registered with that server
  • Some hosting providers really do not want you to send emails
  • Some hosting providers insist on using their email transfer agents but won't let you use them unless your hosting package includes this capability

Aside from that, we would ask that you use the Test button for the email settings (admin, Store Settings, Advanced tab).

Wow...all the blame to my Hosting, I have done the test and here is the result: 

SMTP -> ERROR: Failed to connect to server: Connection refused (111)
SMTP connect() failed.

So, let's review what your hosting provider has to say about sending emails.

Let's also review the settings in the Email section. Your Sending Method might be SMTP. If so, all the other fields need to be filled out.

Which SMTP Server are you trying to connect to?

9 hours ago, bsmither said:

So, let's review what your hosting provider has to say about sending emails.

Let's also review the settings in the Email section. Your Sending Method might be SMTP. If so, all the other fields need to be filled out.

Which SMTP Server are you trying to connect to?

We are using gmail, changed from SMTP to SMTP with TLS and port 587 but I also have had to do this changes:

In the file /classes/mailer.class.php, find near line 39:

$this->Port = $GLOBALS['config']->get('config', 'email_smtp_port');

After that line, add the following on a new line:

switch($this->Port){case 465:$this->SMTPSecure = 'ssl';break;case 587:$this->SMTPSecure = 'tls';}

This fix was sent to me from a colleague and looks like is working as I just received a test email.