[Resolved] How to Not have Register checked by default?

On the shopping cart have fields:

1. Consent to Terms TOS (default is not checked)
2. Registering with a mailing list (default is not checked)
3. Address of the bill is the same address as the delivery address (default checked)
4. Consent to registration account in the store (default checked)

The problem is that the point number. 4 must be not selected by default.

How can it perform?

Registration must be as it is now but a customer must mark the checkbox.

I think I've found the spot to change in content.checkout.confirm.php:

<div class="small-12 large-8 columns"><input type="checkbox" name="register" id="show-reg" value="1" {$REGISTER_CHECKED}><label for="show-reg">{$LANG.account.create_account}</label></div>

I'm not sure if changing the value to "0" would uncheck it or not.

Yes, I had to write the mistake. For me it is already time of 1:54 AM.

- Consent to registration account in the basked (default checked) So it is now.

Must be : not selected by default .    

Just . It is the customer himself must mark this field.

OK, now I'm confused again. I thought you did NOT want it to be checked by default.

I think I've found the spot to change in content.checkout.confirm.php:

<div class="small-12 large-8 columns"><input type="checkbox" name="register" id="show-reg" value="1" {$REGISTER_CHECKED}><label for="show-reg">{$LANG.account.create_account}</label></div>

I'm not sure if changing the value to "0" would uncheck it or not.

About this method, already I read and I tried - does not work

Looks like I was on the right track. I would suggest commenting out the original first. Then try removing this part and see if it works properly:

value="1" {$REGISTER_CHECKED} It should then look like this.

<div class="row">
   <div class="small-12 large-8 columns"><input type="checkbox" name="register" id="show-reg" ><label for="show-reg">{$LANG.account.create_account}</label></div>
</div>

Be sure to test it all the way to making a test payment to see if it works all the way through.

If I'm wrong, you can easily return to the original, thanks to your commented out section.

I'm sorry I am not able to give you a definite solution to this. Hopefully @bsmither will be along shortly with an easy fix for this.

Perfectly. It works . Thank you very beautifully.

- The company performing legal audit, drew attention to the agreement on the assumption of a customer's account when purchases must be checked by the client (can not be selected by default) ... and without this change in my shop passed to negative audit legal (according to German law).

Thank you again and wish you a nice day.

Ps. everything works with a choice of registering an account and without registering an account. There are no complications.

Did you take it all the way to your payment system (obviously without actually paying)? My code has been changed so much that even with the code change I suggested to you I was NOT able to take checkout all the way to PayPal, which is my payment gateway.

Everything is OK :)
I have no payment by PayPal (ban on accepting PayPal payments for tobacco products).
Payment is done by bank transfer on the basis of receipts generated - and it works without a problem.

Thank you again for your help and interest in the subject.