[Resolved] Background image Kurouto skin(green)

Garnut

Hi,

I'm trying to add a full background image, I just can't find how. I have change from the CSS file(Layout.css) the code with my picture, it change only the top of the page : body {
 background-image: url . I want it full page. Anyone know how?

Thanks.

Welcome Garnut! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

The Kurouto skin has several background images already in place. You found the one in layout.css that gets applied to the body, but that only shows to the left and right beyond the actual content.

With a background-image, the browser defaults to repeating it horizontally and vertically - unless there is a CSS rule that says otherwise.

That other rule is in the common.css file, line 9, where the background rule has the repeat-x property and not the repeat-y property, but the layout.css file for body is not overriding that.

So, to make sure that your replacement image for the body background in layout.css repeats both in x and y directions, you will need to add the CSS property into the body rule in layout.css:

background-repeat: repeat;

This overrides what is in common.css.

1 hour ago, bsmither said:

Welcome Garnut! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

The Kurouto skin has several background images already in place. You found the one in layout.css that gets applied to the body, but that only shows to the left and right beyond the actual content.

With a background-image, the browser defaults to repeating it horizontally and vertically - unless there is a CSS rule that says otherwise.

That other rule is in the common.css file, line 9, where the background rule has the repeat-x property and not the repeat-y property, but the layout.css file for body is not overriding that.

So, to make sure that your replacement image for the body background in layout.css repeats both in x and y directions, you will need to add the CSS property into the body rule in layout.css:

background-repeat: repeat;

This overrides what is in common.css.

Thank you very much, it work with the background-repeat: repeat;. I add the code to Body in Layout.css.