[Resolved] How to setup Coupon for Free Shipping?

Change Island

I'm trying to set up a coupon for free shipping, I went through the process saved it, but where does it appear or how would or could I use this on FB or my cubecart website. I'm telling ya, by the time I get my site setup you might be able to add me as a moderator to help other people someday. hehehe

Thanks,

Mike

1 hour ago, bsmither said:

In a stock CC6, I do not see how a coupon can be applied to just the shipping.

Otherwise, during checkout, there is a field to enter the coupon code. Then Update the basket.

Ok I'm just confused as always, I saw this. And if I turn off the usps addon so there is no shipping you get the error about not having a shipping system setup. So if you wanted to offer some sort of free shipping coupon as a call to action, what would be the best way to go about it? Make a coupon for like $10.00 and be done with it?

Again many thanks,

Mike

coupon.png

What you circled would take the coupon amount off the total, compared to having settings apply only to the subtotal. Is your shipping cost the same for all your products for all your delivery locations? If so, then a set amount with the circled part checked would be the easiest to do.

6 minutes ago, Dirty Butter said:

What you circled would take the coupon amount off the total, compared to having settings apply only to the subtotal. Is your shipping cost the same for all your products for all your delivery locations? If so, then a set amount with the circled part checked would be the easiest to do.

Just did and it makes sense, thanks. M

I enabled a "Per Category" shipping cost that caused a $3.00 shipping rate to appear at checkout.

The coupon I created was for 100%, and the the "Discount applies to shipping cost" is checked.

The coupon actually discounted the entire Grand Total.

My understanding is that the phrase "Discount applies to shipping cost" is misleading, in that the shipping cost is subject to being discounted, as well as everything else in the order.

When creating a coupon, on the Assigned Products tab, the option "Discount applies to subtotal only," when checked, seems to be the same as the above option when unchecked. But I think that's not the case. When the discount is applied to any specific product, or to all products except any specific product, then if a discount zeroes-out a line item, that's as far as it goes. But if the discount is applied to the subtotal based on criteria of specific products, taxes may be affected, etc.

You might be able to use the all in one shipping plug in. With this you can offer free shipping all of the time or free shipping on orders over a certain value with no coupon required. Depending on when you want to offer the free shipping it may do what you require. You could then advertise the free shipping rather than the coupon.